Question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SugarFemme23

Question

Post by SugarFemme23 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 pm

So...yesterday was my second day. I did great until dinner time. I put soooo much food onto my plate it was ridiculous. So, now I'm wondering if I should count it as a failure cause although I didn't have and snacks, sweets, or seconds I ate like a crazy woman; or a success because although I ate a bunch, I still had no s's... What do you guys think?

Thanks!

kymm

Post by kymm » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 pm

I would say SUCCESS you did not eat any S's and stuck to the three meals even if you ate alot at dinner if you read the posts some start out with more food per plate but then end up cutting back ...keep up the great work ...I also just started on the No S and after dinner is some what hard to me ,not getting seconds or snacking but hang in there !!!!!! it does get easier
:D

Too solid flesh

Question

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Sounds like a success to me, too.

paulrone

Post by paulrone » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:21 pm

Let's see. . .

No seconds

No sweets

No snacks

Nope! I think you covered all the bases. That's a success! I don't see a rule that says "No piling your plate up to your eyeballs" so you're good to go.

Don't worry. Once you get over the fear of getting hungry, your portions will start to normalize.

Remember, feeling hungry is normal. It's a good thing!
-Sometimes Fundamentalist and self-appointed King of the S-day Moderates
"As it is (sometimes) written, so let it (sometimes) be done."

SugarFemme23

Post by SugarFemme23 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Thanks guys! I kinda figured that too, but it's always good to hear it from someone else!

kymm It's hard for me too. I even grabbed a popsicle. Doing that "well I already messed up" thinking plus thinking it's only 35 calories. But I put it back. I was very proud of me. I have long tried to do something realistic like this but made the rules be that I can only eat when hungry, but that is much more difficult!

Tonight, I'm cooking and I'm not going crazy! That's my goal. Good luck guys!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:42 pm

One of the great joys of starting the no-s diet is that you really can eat like a crazy woman, and it's okay! Especially in the beginning, piling your plate is fine, if that's what it takes to get you to the next meal without really going crazy. So enjoy!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:35 pm

Yes, that's an official success. Congratulations!

Overeating is an enormously complex problem if you want to think about it forever. But you have to start somewhere if you want to fix it. And you need to secure parts of it before moving on to other parts. Single plates, no matter how big, are a start. And if you get this habit down, I doubt very much whether you'll need to add further rules for portion control. The discomfort you're describing at seeing such a big plate is probably all you need. Slowly, as you get an idea how much it really takes to get you through to the next meal without excessive hunger, your portions will shrink -- simply because you'd rather not see this excess, and you're not allowing yourself to hide it over multiple portions or snacks.

Reinhard