Just Do It?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Just Do It?

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:33 pm

I read this in Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get a Life by Larry Winget. He bills himself as "the irritational speaker" and "the pitbull of personal development".

"Do not think fat, do not think fit. In fact, do not think. If you focus on your weight, it will become an obsession and make you hungry or make you have angst about what you could have done or should be doing or have eaten or did not eat or ate too much of. Simply do what you know is right. Period. The weight will take care of itself."

I tend to agree with him -- I think we often overthink everything, especially our dietary habits.

One other thing he says is that everybody screws up. It's no big deal. When you mess up, admit it, fix it, and move on. That's it.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

cab54

Post by cab54 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Well, this definitely describes my life and mindset up till I started No S.

I still slip back into 'stinkin' thinkin', and have to readjust, and let go.
Cheryl

Starting weight--200 (gah!)
Currently--185
Goal weight--135, or wherever I end up