spreading the good news

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ou812

spreading the good news

Post by ou812 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:58 am

I had a conversation with someone who asked how I had lost weight and I told them about NO S. This person laughed and thought it made sense. Then about a week ago I was talking with another person who knew the first person and he said "I'm trying the NO S diet." I believe that the simplicity and common sense guidelines make passing this lifestyle on to others very easy. Its great to see others embrace a little self denial. Has anyone else had this experience?

katie1980

Post by katie1980 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:35 am

It's a small world! :lol:
I've not had that experience, but I'm actually keeping quiet about what I'm doing. I'm currently half a world away from my fiancé, and it'd be so cool to surprise him with my results when I get to see him in November. Plus, he's kind of used to me starting things and not seeing them through, so I'm keeping this one to myself until someone notices! It's kind of cool having my own little "secret"! And it's not harming anyone! 8)

ou812

Post by ou812 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:04 am

Good for you. You can do it. Just keep at it and remember not to be too hard on yourself. I'm sure your fiance will be supportive no matter what. Take care.

katie1980

Post by katie1980 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:05 am

ou812 wrote:Good for you. You can do it. Just keep at it and remember not to be too hard on yourself. I'm sure your fiance will be supportive no matter what. Take care.
I'm sure my fiancé will be supportive - he always is, but it'd be great for him to notice something for himself, instead of never getting the chance to because I already told him all about it! I'm so used to telling him all the tiny details of what I'm doing, I'm sure he gets bored with it all. This way, if it goes well, I'll have something to tell him about, after it's been a success and given me a result! And with not seeing him for a few months, there ought to be enough of a difference for him to notice :)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 pm

This is such a simple, common sense way of eating. But so much harder than one could realize living in this snack-obsessed culture!!!

Go Katie! I think it's a great idea to wait and let him see for himself. That way you're also putting a little less pressure on yourself to "live up" to what you said. You can certainly do it.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 pm

This is such a simple, common sense way of eating. But so much harder than one could realize living in this snack-obsessed culture!!!
It's not only the snacks. So much of what is available to us has next to no nutrient value.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:30 pm

From a publicity point of view, I love to see people spreading the word! Thank you!

But from a personal motivation point of view, I think there can be a risk. Psychologically, for a lot of people (including myself), talking can be a substitute for doing. What's the point of actually doing something if you've already imagined and described it so vividly?

More here:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=20609

I'm not saying that this necessarily happens, but it is a danger.

Reinhard