OK, it might be working after all.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

florafloraflora

OK, it might be working after all.

Post by florafloraflora » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 pm

I just wanted to follow up on my "disaster" post a couple of weeks back. Since then, I feel that I'm back on track; eating both during the week and on weekends has been good.

Best of all, I've been sticking to my new running plan without having to change my schedule to include a snack or at least a glass of milk between meals, the way I thought I might. Keep in mind that when I say "running plan" I actually mean Couch-to-5K, a program that has you make a gradual transition from walking to running. I'm taking it even slower than the program suggests. But in the past whenever I've tried to do this plan I've actually gained weight by giving in to my increased hunger between meals. Some of my meals now are a bit larger, but most have stayed the same and some are even smaller.

Best of all, my weight is down. Last night my friend the massage therapist (who gives me the "friend rate", hurrah for friends) even mentioned during my massage that she could tell I was losing weight. And she ought to know! :wink:

I just wanted to let you all know that my earlier message of doom and gloom was highly premature.

david

Post by david » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:39 pm

That's good news!

I hate long-distance running, but I wish you luck on the couch-to-5k program.

--david

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:06 pm

florafloraflora,

I'm very happy to hear this!

Good luck going forward and keep us posted,

Reinhard

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:38 pm

Good job flora! I just finished C25k a few weeks ago myself. It's a great program IMO, and there's no way I'd be running without having done it. Keep up the good work!

Brent_Corkins

Post by Brent_Corkins » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:14 am

I love the c25k, I finished a few weeks ago myself. And I have moved on to gateway to 8k. Just did day 2 tonight. Works on the same basis as c25.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 am

Congratulations, Flora.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Hey, I did the couch to 5 k after baby #3. I took it slower also, I did my 5k, then started training for a half marathon. I just completed it now I'm training for a marathon. So good for you and keep up the running. I also found that I wanted to eat more while being a runner. I still have to stick to no s though because even with the running I need perameters or I will gain weight.