Typical day of food

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Schnebit

Typical day of food

Post by Schnebit » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Reinhard,

I was wondering if you'd mind sharing what a typical day of eating looks like for you (i.e. what types of foods you eat, etc.).

I think it might be helpful, as I believe a big part of the reason I haven't had much success with this way of eating is related to the quality and quantity of what I'm eating.

Thanks!

Jim

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:59 pm

There is a link from a year or two ago. Something like "what everyone is eating". Reinhard listed his daily eating there. Most of it was really healthy like oatmeal, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Schnebit

Post by Schnebit » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:26 pm

milczar wrote:There is a link from a year or two ago. Something like "what everyone is eating". Reinhard listed his daily eating there. Most of it was really healthy like oatmeal, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
Thanks for the reply... I tried to do a search, but came away with something like 940 posts. Do you happen to have the link?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Jim,

I think this is the post in question:

http://nosdiet.com/group/24.html

(really ancient stuff, but still pretty representative)

I don't know if I'd call this "really healthy." There is plenty of fat in there, plenty of sugar on weekends, and even a fair amount of processed junk. Oatmeal and black bread might be high in fiber, but they're also very caloric, particularly topped like I top them. I do eat plenty of vegetables, but I tend to slather them in butter. I drink only whole milk and full fat cheese. The only kind of food I categorically do not eat is diet food.

I would really keep the focus on the structural aspects of eating (single plate meals vs. snacks) rather than worrying about the content. Once you have the structure down, content is easy.

Reinhard