Down 15 pounds

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sherlockt

Down 15 pounds

Post by sherlockt » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:35 pm

Hey Reinhard and all - I've been lurking here for a while and felt it was finally time to say hi. As of today I'm down 15lbs from my starting weight of 250. I "started" NoS in May but wasn't consistent with the habits until June. I didn't want to check in until I felt this had become a real, sustainable habit. It really has been a habit over the past few months - it feels really weird to think about having a sweet on an N day.

An additional benefit to the No S way of life is that it has given me a new lease on my afternoons. Before I started No S I would have a candy bar with lunch each day (no wonder I got up to 250!). Then I would wonder why I was in such a slump every afternoon, staring listlessly at my computer monitor. Within a week of starting No S I felt a lot more energy and a lot less sugar-induced fatigue.

Prior to No S I did Weight Watchers for a while, and the "counting lifestyle" just isn't for me. Plus, I found that the points values on Weight Watchers were somewhat too aggressive and I found myself starving half the time. So I'd drop 7 pounds quickly, but then put three or four right back on when I was "re-feeding". I really can only count two or three times where I have been ravenously hungry while doing No S - usually if I find myself veering into that territory I just eat a little extra at the next scheduled meal and I'm fine. The weight loss has been slow, but very consistent, and as we all know, "slow and steady wins the race".

Thanks again Reinhard for this site, and I'll check back in periodically to post my results.

Jack

JWL

Post by JWL » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:15 pm

congrats Jack!

Slow and steady wins the race. Not to mention enjoys the trip. :-)
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

senanbar

Post by senanbar » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:35 pm

Congratulations!!! :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:36 pm

Fantastic!!!
Great work :)
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Congratulations-that's fantastic!! It's always great to hear another No-S success story :D
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:26 pm

Congratulations, Jack! And thanks for letting us know.

That's a respectable amount of weight and a good, sustainable pace. I understand why you didn't want to post here until you felt you'd gotten the habit down -- a lot of time talk can be a substitute for doing. But I'm very glad you now feel firm enough in habit to share with us here.

Looking forward to more updates over the next months and years,

Reinhard