pizza

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

phano

pizza

Post by phano » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:51 am

I seem to have a problem with pizza. Usually the 'no seconds' rule is easy, because I feel satisfied at the end of my plate. But somehow with pizza, I don't really feel satisfied, even after several pieces. I would love to make it an S and just not eat it except on weekends, but the rest of the fam loves it, and we have it for dinner about once a week or so. Does anyone else have this issue? Have you found a way to deal with it?

Cheers!

ou812

Post by ou812 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:03 am

Our family makes our own pizzas. We make a whole wheat dough for the crust. I think that having a whole grain crust makes it more filling. I also eat a large salad before eating the pizza. I will usually try to limit myself to 2 pieces, but sometimes its just too good.

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:02 pm

I have a similar problem with soup, I don't find one bowl of soup satisfying enough for a main meal and don't like to fill my soup bowl too much, so I've resorted to letting myself have 2 small(ish) bowls of soup, plus crackers/bread (and try to eat most of the soup first so I don't fill up on bread).

It may be a bit of a slippery slope but you could perhaps try a similar rule with pizza, e.g. split the pizza eating into two small servings (with side veggies / salad to make it more varied)?

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Can you gradually shift your family into the "once a week" being on weekends?

If not... allow yourself a big plate, and have a really nice salad with it (assuming you like salad). Something extra-fancy that is attractive in its own right.