Curse you Reinhard, You've Ruined Me!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Prodigalsun

Curse you Reinhard, You've Ruined Me!!!

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:42 am

Ok...woke up this morning...MMmmm...SSSSS-Daayy. Got my youngest out of bed, headed off to have a meal at Dennys before meeting family at the Zoo. Was initially going to order a breakfast for me and her, but I said to myself, Hey, I'm No-Sing, no need to go over board. I'll share a breakfast with her. So it comes, and I fill a plate for her, and then tuck into mine. I eat until I'm full. I look down. My plate is only half gone, even with what I've shared with my daughter.

Go to the zoo, have fun, then head over to Kid Valley, my favorite burger joint. I ussually get a double cheeze burger, fries and a large shake. But, hey, I'm not a glutton, I'll just get a single, and a regular shake. Again, I tuck in...and get full. I look down. Half the fries and a third of the burger are still there. In disgust, I threw the rest away.

At least at dinner, I was able to eat everything, but the plate was medium sized, not my usuall large one.

Tonight as I sit here typing, I realized that I'm changing, more than any previous diet I've tried has changed me.

I'm down another pound for the week, total of 18 now.

Curse you Reinhard, I have to now turn in my badge as a member of the Clean Plate Club! No longer can I count my self as someone who can "Put it away."

Ah the Humanity!
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:02 am

Prodigal!!!!!!
Yes Reinhard has ruined us all for all other diets! LOL.... :lol:
Even though Reinhard created this plan, you are following it and YOU are responsible for your wonderful new growth!!!!
I am so proud of you and your "not clean plate"!!!
That is the best feeling!!!
I too feel very satisfied when I have smaller portions, and it would make me barf if I ever tried to go back to finishing off the kind of heaping triple servings I used to shove into my face mindlessly...
You are going to look soooo fine!!!
Good thing you are 18,,,, er, um I mean
Good thing you lost 18 lbs!!!!

PS.. How is your wife reacting to all this wonderfulness???
You are my new NoS inspiration!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:21 pm

The wife is liking the fact that I'm loosing weight, setting a better example for our kids at the table, and that her baking chocolate chips aren't disappearing.
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:43 pm

Prodigal, my mother was so malnourished during WWII that she had to go to a special camp to fatten her up afterwards. As you can probably imagine given that experience, the clean plate club was a big deal in our family.

Very happy to hear you too have been ejected!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 pm

I found this and had to revive it. I used to be a defiant non-member of the clean-plate-club because my husband wipes it totally totally spotless every time and it bothered me. Wow! I need to think that way again and leave some! It's a great habit! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am

I still clean my plate, but then I'm usually the one who filled it, so the right quantity of food is there in the first place.

I don't seem to have a problem stuffing (large quantities into) my face when I want to. I just don't want to.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Funny, this reminds me of an article I read in the newspaper this morning, a restaurant in Montreal charges you 2$ extra if you don't clean up your plate ... that means everything on it must be eaten or else, you gotta pay extra ! Good concept, a lot of food is wasted in restaurants. ;-(

Marc

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:26 pm

I've seen a few episodes of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (not the competition show, the show where he goes into already established restaurants) where he told them they had to cut down on giving people more than they can eat to save on food costs. People were bringing doggie bags home every time at this one restaurant he put a stop to that. I thought that was interesting.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:34 pm

I like it when they give me too much! That's a free lunch the next day.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Yeah, I've seen that show Kitchen nightmares ... both the UK and USA versions .... (The UK version is a lot better actually, the US version seems very staged and they bleep all the chef's curse words !!) ;-)

I remember an episode where the restaurant was serving really huge portions and people always asked for the leftovers, admitting that's what they would eat it the next day for lunch. Chef Ramsay put the kibosh on that scheme in no time. ;-)

I rarely eat at the restaurant, especially now that I'm trying to lose weight, I prefer to prepare the food myself so I know exactly what's in it and I don't get a huge plate of food to eat either. (I know I couldn't resist cleaning up the plate so it's better not to be tempted !)

Marc