New one Here !!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bettyp

New one Here !!

Post by bettyp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:23 am

I read WW today at DD's house and had to check it out .
Has the weight come off easy or slow ??
I do need to get the book !!
really excited to get started on this Path !!!
Less is More

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:51 am

bettyp,

welcome,

have just been two weeks. I have not weighed yet but my clothes are fitting better.

The big boosts are:

the relief
the pleasure with eating
S days
the wonderful boards,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jamiebf

Welcome

Post by Jamiebf » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 am

Hi there,
I have just completed my first week so I am no expert however I am an expert at yoyo dieting. Food controling my emotions and moods. I have been able to stick to this without a problem. I would suggest you get the book it is an easy read and you will enjoy reading it. From all I have read and see on this site this is no quick fix to weight loss. What it does offer is how to stop the yoyo dieting for good. I no longer obsess about food or the scale. I had my husband remove the scales from me because it makes me crazy. I am about 30 pounds or 3 sizes bigger than I would call my healthy weight. So for the first time in my life I am not depending on what the scales say or how much time it will take I am just going to enjoy food in a reasonable manner and let the pounds come off as they may. Hope that helps and good luck to you.

bettyp

Post by bettyp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:23 pm

Thanks for the replays. I will get the book today . Hope to find one in the book store .
Excited to start too!!!
b.
Less is More

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:24 pm

bettyp

Welcome! It varies a great deal how fast people lose weight on No-s. I and some others lost very quickly. But I think those are unusual cases. It's better to expect that it's going to be very slow, and put your focus on behavior rather than results. It's better to see this as a permanent change in how you eat, rather than as some temporary expedient to get you to some "mission accomplished" (because it never really is).

The good news is that no-s is a very pleasant permanent change. You'll enjoy food more, even while you're eating less of it. Even if it does take a while to hit your ideal weight, it's going to be time enjoyably spent. And it will continue to be enjoyable long after you hit your goal -- for the rest of your life.

Reinhard

bettyp

Post by bettyp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 pm

thanks for the encouragement!!
I went out and got the book today .
I am about to sit and read it !!
Thanks again!!
betty
Less is More