Needing a fresh start

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ou812

Needing a fresh start

Post by ou812 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:14 am

Ok. I was pretty successful at the NO-S last year. I actually probably slimmed down a little too much. I work out pretty hard and walk to and from work daily. I've noticed that I have put a few of those pounds back on. At this point I want to do the NO-S diet again for the simplicity and the enjoyment that I got out of my S days. That's right! There is something special about waiting for something special and not indulging in it all the time. Losing a few pounds is really just a side effect of a good habit. Great to see so many new posters here. Hope that you all find success with your habits.

Ray

Nay

Post by Nay » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:19 am

May I ask why you stopped no-S-ing? I have only been doing it for 3 weeks, but it has been so easy and such a relief from "diets" that I can't imagine doing anything else. Did you have the munchies, or sweet binges, something like that? I would like to know the warning signs so I could recognize myself going off the rails.

ou812

Post by ou812 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:26 am

I didn't actually stop. I just lost some good habits along the way. I was exercising a lot and not taking in enough calories during my meal times. I started losing my habit sometime around the holidays. I just need to tighten up the my eating after dinner. I need to mainly get my after dinner eating under control. I have a pretty healthy diet otherwise. It has been the only diet that I have every seen that makes sense and is so common sense.

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:28 am

Wow that's great to hear you had so much success.

This has been the easiest diet I have ever started, so I think you should be able to just jump back in no problem!!

I agree with the S day thing. I used to do Body for Life where you only got one "cheat day" a week for sweets, treats, and stuff and I remember I enjoyed my treats soo much more when I had to wait for them. I remember being so excited on Friday that my cheat day was coming. Like a kid waiting for Christmas. LOL.
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:38 am

Like a kid waiting for Christmas. LOL.
and you know what tomorrow night is....
Christmas Eve!

It has been a very good week and I am so excited for my treats this weekend,
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

ou812

Post by ou812 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Yes. The anticipation builds. I had a successful day so far.

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:16 pm

its been a great week, but i am very excited for a sweet treat tomorrow!

meanwhile, last night i had a dream/nightmare that i ate a brownie and ruined my n-day streak.

pretty nutty, but i was so relieved when i woke up and realized it was a dream!
:lol:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:18 am

amyliz,

a food dream ... cool! I

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey