How's this for movement with a purpose.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lilly

How's this for movement with a purpose.

Post by Lilly » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:56 pm

We have had several earthquakes yesterday and today. We are sitting on the fault so we are really feeling them.

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:02 pm

Lilly,
Are you in CA? We're in Southern CA and on the news last night I heard that "sometime within the next 30 years" there's a 99.7% chance of a strong earthquake around Palm Springs. Even tho' we're 80 or so miles west of there, we'll still have significant earthquake activity. We're due west of that portion of the San Andres fault, and we haven't had any significant activity in that area since the 1600's.

The last earthquake I experienced was over a year ago; I remember I was talking to someone on the phone when everything started to sway back and forth and I said "I'm sorry, I have to hang up now, there's an earthquake here." Fortunately it wasn't my mother I was speaking to.

I pray all will be well with you and your family.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm in Northern California...haven't felt anything today.

Diane, here's the story on the 99% chance in the next 30 years:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 104TGE.DTL

You may have to paste into your browser.

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Dianne,
I am right outside Verdi, NV.
I am geting a headache from all the head shaking back and forth.

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks much, Stacey Jo!

Diane

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Lilly, I'll keep those prayers goin'. I've only been in CA for 10 years, but it seems like no matter where in the world you live, there are natural disasters to be concerned about. When I lived in PA it was always hurricanes and sink holes! My oldest son and his family live in Orlando and come June I start watching the FL weather forecasts for hurricanes and tropical storms. We've also had some deadly ice storms back East. My mom worries about us living here in earthquake world, but no place is 100% safe.

After hearing from you I'm going to have to make sure we're earthquake ready. We just moved down here, and I'm still unpacking so if that big one hits any time soon I'll probably be crushed by boxes full of "stuff". Kind of makes me want to be more of a minimalist.

I hope those tremors stop soon!! Let us know when the danger has passed. We'll be thinking of you.

Diane

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Well my Mom who is 80 always says "If I not really careful, something will kill me." This is her joke. At 80 she knows no matter how careful you are, something will get you.
Thanks for the nice thoughts everyone.
I just thought earthquakes were just to funny regarding movement with a purpose.