Is This Possible????

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jazzys mom

Is This Possible????

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 pm

I have only been following this diet for about 6 days now. I knew what my weight was al along so didn't weigh at the stary day. I weighed this morning and the scale said 2 lbs lighter that I have been for MONTHS!! Is this possible in just a week?

Jazzys Mom

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Depending on how much you were eating before -- yea, it's possible.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:30 pm

I don't think my eating has changed - mealtimewise that is. Portions are mainly the same and food has not differed in content. The only thing that has changed is the snacking and sweets. I rarely had seconds anyway so that hasn't been an issue. I used to snack throughout the day - crackers, peanut butter, candy, cookies and such. I ALWAYS had something sweet before bed - 3 or 4 cookies usually. That, of course has stopped and I only ate a few sweets on the week-end S days. I can't believe that just cutting out snacking has made me lose 2 lbs already! I LOVE this diet!

Jazzys Mom

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 pm

It's certainly possible -- but I would caution you against getting too excited about it. Scales are just not that accurate and even if your scale is exceptional in this regard your actual physical weight will naturally fluctuate quite a bit even in the course of a single day.

More here:

http://www.everydaysystems.com/podcast/ ... .php?id=24

Reinhard

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 pm

I lost about 2 lbs in 11 or so days. So I believe it :) And if you're drinking a lot of water, that might attribute to it too.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 pm

There was a segment on the Today Show last week about snacking. Naturally they showed "healthy snacks", but they also had a tray of things that people typically snack on. The only thing I can remember from that tray were a few (and I do mean a few) French fries. But nothing was spectacular, like say a banana split -- something you know would be full of calories. I don't think there was any ice cream or candy on that tray. It was just average food. Anyway, it all added up to 800 calories. If you were to subract those things from your diet...you'd lose a pound about every 5 days.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm

That's great to hear guys!!!!! I am patiently waiting to weigh in a couple of weeks because I don't want to get discouraged by the scales so I hope I am down at least a couple of pounds by then.
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

bettyp

Post by bettyp » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Iam on day 3 and already Iam down 2.4lbs .
So I think it is possable :D
Less is More

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Wow! Then it IS possible! I wasn't going to weigh for several weeks but when I opened the linen closet this morning the scales just shouted to me so I gave in and weighed. I guess cutting out all those snacks does work! Yea, I love you No S!

Jazzys Mom

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm

Medical scales can be inaccurate, too. It's less likely than with a home scale, but it's possible. One we used to use was so inaccurate we had to have it replaced.