Working midnights..

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laphillips

Working midnights..

Post by laphillips » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 am

:shock: When do I eat?? Do I eat something in the morning when I get home? I usually will have a couple pieces of wheat toast with some peanutbutter and a glass of milk. I don't ever know how to get this right.. Anyone out there work midnights???? It is kind of hard to adjust to things. I have been working this shift since Jan. Still having a time with it all!!!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:00 am

Unfortunately, I think when and what you eat is something you have to figure out determined on what works best for you.

I worked midnights for a year or so early in my career (over 30 years ago). It was absolutely one of the worst times in my life! I couldn't figure out when to eat or sleep. When I went back to a more "normal" shift, co-workers said, um, there was a vast improvement in my demeanor. (actually, they said I wasn't b*tchy anymore).
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:24 am

When I worked nights I was so tired by the time I got home all I could do was collapse into bed. When I woke up, I guess I'd eat what would be called lunch or rather no breakfast foods.

Then I'd eat "dinner" with my family before work and then at work, I'd eat another meal.

Everyone's different. Alot of my coworkers would eat breakfast once they got off work.

It's tough to do that's for sure.