I Love This New Way of Living!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

janiean1

I Love This New Way of Living!

Post by janiean1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:40 am

Hello All!

I just had to make a post about how much better I feel with this new way of living. I feel like I am eating like a normal person again. My mother used to tell me just to cut back on my portions when I had such a weight problem. This is the exact way she would eat: Three meals per day. She never would take seconds, either. Why didn't I listen to her? Instead I went through gastric bypass surgery! When I was growing up, we ate this way, too. Three meals per day, and then on the weekends my mother would bake some cookies or maybe a chocolate sheet cake! None of us really had a weight problem! I was thin until I started all these silly diets! I really feel freed now! I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders now! My mom passed away this past November. If she was here for me to tell her about this diet, I could just hear her say "well, that's what I've been telling you all these years!" :)

Thanks for listening to me ramble!!!

Janie :)

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:32 am

Hi Janie! Image

First of all, my condolences on your mother's passing. She sounded like a great person and a terrific, caring mother.

Secondly, welcome to this way of eating. I totally agree with you. I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders as well. Like I had mentioned in another thread, it is amazing how heavy burden from a lifetime of diets can weigh you down.

Best wishes to you!

Sandy

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm so sorry about your mother. *hugs* But you are right, she would definitely tell you were on the right track.

I think the general consensus for everyone that starts this is that a huge weight has been lifted from their shoulders. It's such a relief to not be stressed all the time about what to eat and mealtime. I even wrote a post about how this was almost spiritual to me.

Good luck on your new begging. :)
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:30 pm

BEGINNING not begging. LOL Sorry about that.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Janie,

I suspect that your mother is smiling somewhere and just glad that you are loving your new/old way of living.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

janiean1

Thanks to All

Post by janiean1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Thanks all for your sweet words. I've noticed a weight gain since the death of my mother. I stay here and take care of my father now. My mom was a very wonderful and wise woman. I remember watching how she would eat just one plate with no seconds. She would also eat very slowly. She never had a weight problem, and she lived to be 86 years old.
There is so much stress in losing a parent or anyone in your life you are close to.

Anyway, I just want to say this is the friendliest bulletin board I've ever visited!

Thanks!!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:14 pm

I am so to hear about your mom. She sounds like a she was a wise woman.
*Hugs*
And, I send you support with taking care of your dad.
It's tough but worth it.

Welcome to No S eating.
It is so easy to turn to food during rough times in your life.
I've done it.
Eventually, No S will become such a habit, that eating won't be another issue while we get through the hard times that seem to be unavoidable in this life.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:27 am

Janiean1, hugs to you. I totally understand what you are going through as I lost my step dad January 31st. Yes, it is hard and I too had more weight gain after his death. It sounds like you and your mom had a very special relationship and I am sure she is watching over you now and smiling because her "message" got through to you! You take care and be gentle with yourself as you do the No S plan. Good luck. It really does work!!! :)

slickchic

Post by slickchic » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 am

Isn't it funny how most of us are now realizing that this way of life is what we all knew down deep. I have spent so many years trying to make it so much more complicated!!

I lost my mother when I was 23 years old. Thirteen years ago, and I can still see her face and her hands!! Her voice and laugh I can still hear. Mothers, no matter how long gone, are forever with us. Their impact, good and bad, last our lifetime. My prayer for you is that while you are caring for your Dad, which is very admirable in our selfish world, that you will not forget to care you YOU!! <<Hugs>>