Solution to idiot S days!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carajo21

Solution to idiot S days!!

Post by carajo21 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:43 pm

I am so excited!!! I have had issues with being an "idiot" on my S days, especially Sundays. I know it is all in my head, i have to eat what i want because it's the last day before the week. I always do GREAT my N days, but S days are crazy.....anyways this last week i decieded Sunday would be my weigh-in day for my weeks progress, Saturday i did have seconds, but no snacks and was resonable...and this morning i weighed in...down 4lbs!!!!! This is the first time i have lost in over a month!!! Anyone having the S day over eating like me should try this!!!! Hope this helps anybody out there!! Cara

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:12 pm

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's probably not the not being an idiot on S days that did this. In order to have lost 4 pounds by not being an idiot, you would have had to elminated 14,000 calories worth of food (3500 cal = 1 lb). That is a LOT of food. Besides, it often takes several days to a week or more for a calorie deficit to register as a weight loss. It may be calories in vs. calories out, but it's not often something that is seen immediately.

Your weight loss, which is worthy of congratulations, is probably more reflective of what you did last week and on your N days than the one S day.

It could also reflect water weight loss or other things as well as body weight loss. Another reason not to be a slave to the scale.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:05 pm

wosnes wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but it's probably not the not being an idiot on S days that did this.

Your weight loss, which is worthy of congratulations, is probably more reflective of what you did last week and on your N days than the one S day.

It could also reflect water weight loss or other things as well as body weight loss. Another reason not to be a slave to the scale.
It is refreshing to hear such words of wisdom.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

carajo21

Post by carajo21 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:06 pm

But isn't it a good feeling to eat right, see the difference and gain motivation to keep going? I understand weight loss, calorie defecit and so forth before you pointed it out to me, i was just feeling good to see the difference in numbers, and weighing in once a week is not being a slave it is seeing where you are going. Plus there is no way you could burst my bubble

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:18 pm

carajo21,

you know what! I think of you have found something that works for you!

YOU GO GIRL!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:41 pm

High fiving Carajo... you go girl! Congrats on finding something that works for you and congrats on the 4 lb weight loss.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 am

I know Reinhard doesn't approve of this, but calorie counting or estimating helps. I can plan my days around the high calorie dense foods so I don't go over my limit but don't feel deprived. I really think it's something that has to be done if one is to be real about one's food choices.

f

slickchic

Post by slickchic » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 am

Awesome!! Is what you were meaning by making Sunday your weigh in day is kind of like a motivator. Weight not down, so don't go crazy!! Weight down, so don't mess it up with a crazy day!! If so, that is exactly what I do!! I am not a slave to the scale, it doesn't ruin my mood or day, it is what it is and what am I going to do about it today!! If I don't weigh is when things go bad for me!!

Keep up the great work!!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm

I understand what you meant... You were using it for motivation. I think it's a pretty good idea, as long as you don't let it ruin your day if it's up a little bit.

For instance, yesterday, the scale said I was 146, but I didn't freak out because I drink a lot less water on the weekends. I knew it was probably just a little dehydration. I go from 8 water bottles a day to only about 2 cups.. so, going by the scale is tricky.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:30 pm

I have a question: What's the rationale behind weighing more when you're dehydrated and less when you're well hydrated? I'm a nurse and I've never heard of that. In fact, I've observed just the opposite to be true.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

carajo21

Post by carajo21 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Your exactly right, it is a "tool" for myself it's good to see the week paying off, or if there is no change, or a gain then i can reflect on my weeks decisions....they would usually involve way to many sweets! I knew this last week i made concious efforts to resist temptations, and to see that felt great! That motivationis enough for me to keep going for another week! Good luck to you!!!!

GLENDA

solution to idiot s days

Post by GLENDA » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:55 pm

It takes a long time to BREAK a habit as it does to MAKE a habit. I find myself doing the same thing-however, I know that carbs tend to make you hold water-especially the highly processed "trashy" ones! The week end is when I eat this trash-actually homemade brownies & ice cream. I tend to forget to eat breakfast at least one day-due to sleeping later or getting busy over the weekend. I think over time this will work itself out. Eating CONCIOUSLY-I think it's hard-will help. I am going to continue on. The rest of my weekend was pretty healthy-I prefer healthy stuff over trash BUT I had a fried fish sandwich with tons of tartar sauce & lots of fries Sun nite. Water holding guaranteed. I also noted that as I ate I got full faster before I got through eating. I noted for future ref to a-Only eat half next time or b-take bread off of sandwich-it was huge & it was the fish & tartar sauce I really wanted. I am thinking of this as a PROCESS. Progress, noit perfetion will be my mantra. :lol: :lol: :lol:

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 pm

This was my second No S weekend, and I continued something that worked well for me. I had my Sunday S day treat for dessert at lunch, didn't have a snack and had a new-habit dinner. In this way, I prepared myself for the coming No S days. In other words, I look at Sunday PM as a bridge back to No S.