Evolution of Mealtimes

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Noturningback

Evolution of Mealtimes

Post by Noturningback » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:30 pm

I found this article from History Magazine entitled "What Time is Dinner?". It looks at how meal times have changed throughout history. I found it to be very interesting and thought others may enjoy it as well.

http://www.history-magazine.com/dinner2.html
~Danielle

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Interesting article, reminds me of that saying....eat breakfast like a King, dinner like a Prince and supper like a Pauper. Only back then I guess the King and Prince meals would have been switched.

:)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

droth

article

Post by droth » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Really interesting article, enjoyed reading and relating to it. For me it is true if you eat 25% of your food at breakfast, 50% of your food at lunch, and 25% at supper, then you're better able to resist temptation for snacks and seconds. When I eat a bigger lunch, I'm not so ravenous at dinner and beyond. Thanks for sharing the article. :lol:
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.