No-S Victory Over Cholesterol!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

This path is my life

No-S Victory Over Cholesterol!!!

Post by This path is my life » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:23 pm

I had to post this on the main page because I am so proud of this and it proves No-S works since that and my walking is the only thing that I've changed in terms of my lifestyle over the past 2 years.

Today I found out that in past 2 years that I've been on No-S my cholesterol has dropped from 229 to 182!!! Also my good cholesterol went up and my bad went down and the doctor actually said and I quote: "your numbers are perfect, you're going to live forever with numbers like these" I was completely shocked!!! Especially since I was on the point of going on Lipitor (or some other statin) but decided that I would try the lifestyle change first since I wasn't liking the idea of being on a drug for the rest of my life. And now it looks like my life will be longer (hopefully) and better all because of No-S!!! Thank you so much Reinhard!!!
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

bettyp

Post by bettyp » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Good for you !!! :D
I to is hoping to get my numbers down . I have meds to take but just don't . Hoping this will do the trick!!! :roll:
Less is More

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:54 pm

That's fantastic. Congratulations.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:11 am

That is just wonderful! Good job at exercising and No S eating for 2 years! Woot woot! :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:34 am

Jenn,

that is incredible! YAY!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Better than weight loss! Congrats!

wosnes

Re: No-S Victory Over Cholesterol!!!

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:01 pm

This path is my life wrote:Today I found out that in past 2 years that I've been on No-S my cholesterol has dropped from 229 to 182!!! Also my good cholesterol went up and my bad went down and the doctor actually said and I quote: "your numbers are perfect, you're going to live forever with numbers like these" I was completely shocked!!! Especially since I was on the point of going on Lipitor (or some other statin) but decided that I would try the lifestyle change first since I wasn't liking the idea of being on a drug for the rest of my life. And now it looks like my life will be longer (hopefully) and better all because of No-S!!! Thank you so much Reinhard!!!
Congratulations!

However, there's a lot more to living long and well than cholesterol! Nearly 13 years ago I had a heart attack and nearly died. I was 46 y/o, at the high end of my weight range, but not "overweight", my blood pressure was less than 120/80, my total cholesterol was 179 and HDL and LDL were normal.

I had one artery that had a small blockage and just like the commercial says, something smaller than the head of a pin broke off and caused the heart attack.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Rock on!
~Danielle

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Jenn - congrats! That is a wonderfully concrete improvement in health.

Wosnes - how scary. I am so glad you're okay.

apple

Post by apple » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 pm

That's amazing!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:59 pm

had my cholesterol checked at the grocery store today ... had not done it for about two years,

168 total 86 LDL 66 HDl ...my total has gone down ... LDL down and HDL up, yay!

someone posted they had a heart attack with cholesterol at 179, i know the standard is below 200, I have alos heard you are not heart attack safe until you get below 150 ...
my goodness HOW AM I GOING TO DO THAT? :D

Blueskighs

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Blueskies, I don't think there's a magic bloodwork number that's gonna make you immortal.

Unless your doc says otherwise, I think it's okay to chill.

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 pm

NoelFigart wrote:Blueskies, I don't think there's a magic bloodwork number that's gonna make you immortal.

Unless your doc says otherwise, I think it's okay to chill.
However, if your doctor does name a magic number for immortality, please let us know! 8)
~Danielle

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:49 am

I think it's okay to chill
oh my goodness! and I was just trying to be cute! 8)

Blueskighs

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:52 am

blueskighs wrote:
I think it's okay to chill
oh my goodness! and I was just trying to be cute! 8)

Blueskighs
I am very very sorry. I bow in the dust.

I completely missed the humor.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:55 am

Noel,

thank you...

Blueskighs

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:07 pm

There are several doctors who say that one is free of the risk of heart attack when total cholesterol is less than 150. Most of them also advocate a diet that is free of animal products and all added fats (such as olive oil). At least one allows fat-free dairy, but eliminates nuts, seeds, olives and avocados.

Of all the populations who have low incidences of heart disease (and other chronic diseases or diseases of affluence) few are vegetarian or vegan. Those who are vegetarian are for religious reasons The rest eat fewer animal foods of all kinds, more plant foods and far fewer processed foods than Westerners do.

At least one of the above-mentioned docs say that it's impossible to get a total choleterol of less than 150 while eating animal products and added fats. Not true. Not only did those the Japanese, Cretans and others have total cholesterol levels in the 120-130 range, my own was 138 when last tested. [/b]
Last edited by wosnes on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Congratulations!

I'm one of those annoyingly lucky people who always had good cholesterol even when I ate like a beast, but I've heard a lot of stories like this from lots of no-essers. Amazing what a little bit of moderation and the spotlight of three single plate meals can do!

Reinhard