2 weeks done

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fatfarmlady

2 weeks done

Post by fatfarmlady » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:28 pm

HI everyone, my first 2 weeks on the NO S diet are done. what a challenge I had during my second week! My father's health had taken a turn for the worse and I spent hours at the hospital. I blew the No S diet completely one day while he had surgery. it was lasting too long and i was starving, all that was in the waiting room were vending machines. i lost control and had 1/2 of a candy bar. not bad, but not good either.

I have been trying harder and walking more and I am down 2 inches on the waist and hips. but the scale went up 3 lbs! I did well yesterday at my granddaughter's birthday party. Hope you are all doing well on the plan. this next week, i am going to step up the exercise. this was a wake up call for me, as I have all the same ailments my father has! he had 3 surgeries this week. This week will be stressful too, i have to find a nursing home to put him in at least temporarily.

Hang in there everyone,
FFL :)
Do your best and God will take care of the rest!

CatholicCajun

Re: 2 weeks done

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:46 pm

fatfarmlady wrote:HI everyone, my first 2 weeks on the NO S diet are done. what a challenge I had during my second week! My father's health had taken a turn for the worse and I spent hours at the hospital. I blew the No S diet completely one day while he had surgery. it was lasting too long and i was starving, all that was in the waiting room were vending machines. i lost control and had 1/2 of a candy bar. not bad, but not good either.

I have been trying harder and walking more and I am down 2 inches on the waist and hips. but the scale went up 3 lbs! I did well yesterday at my granddaughter's birthday party. Hope you are all doing well on the plan. this next week, i am going to step up the exercise. this was a wake up call for me, as I have all the same ailments my father has! he had 3 surgeries this week. This week will be stressful too, i have to find a nursing home to put him in at least temporarily.

Hang in there everyone,
FFL :)
I will be praying for you and your father and I know your decision to put him in a nursing home is not an easy one. As far as the candy and the vending machine goes, honey, you and only do what you can with what you have, I don't think you did badley, had it been me, I would have probably had the candy plus anything else I had enough change for. God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:37 am

FFL,

sounds like things have been rough and that you have been a real trooper. the stuff you are talking about is so difficult and stressful, glad that you are BEING NICE to yourself and hanging in there, also when I saw my grandfather go through some difficult things it was really a wake up call for me .... the ONLY positive side to these kinds of things

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:57 am

Hang in there, it sounds like you are doing great. You have a lot going on and you are still making time to take care of yourself. Remember as my husband always tells me, if you don't take care of yourself you are not good to any one else. Lots of prayers for you.

Jamie

Jamiebf

Wow what a cake

Post by Jamiebf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:02 am

Hey Blueskighs,
Yummy, that cake on your blog looked soooo good. Loved the blog today. It is always so fun to read.

Take Care
Jamie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:49 am

Jamie, thank you :D
it is good to hear from you!
Blue

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:08 am

* HUGS *

I will keep your Father and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

I think as time goes on, the three "rules" will become habitual and dealing with food under stressful conditions will become easier to manage.

I find people fall into two catagories when under stress - they either eat comfort foods (me 100%) or they don't eat at all (my Mom) - which sounds great but, can lead to ill health just as much as indulging.
~Danielle

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:11 am

blueskighs wrote:...... also when I saw my grandfather go through some difficult things it was really a wake up call for me .... the ONLY positive side to these kinds of things

Blueskighs
So true! Same here with my Father.
~Danielle

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:58 pm

I finally had to face facts with my mom and we are now looking for assisted living for her. I found a great place which she can afford but it's not easy. Eating right under stress (especially emotional stress) is really really hard. At least you have made the first hurdle by knowing why you reacted the way you did. Don't be too hard on yourself! If someone you loved stumbled you'd brush them off and tell them it was OK! Do the same for yourself :D

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Jaymiz

Re: 2 weeks done

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:19 pm

fatfarmlady wrote:what a challenge I had during my second week! My father's health had taken a turn for the worse and I spent hours at the hospital.

this was a wake up call for me, as I have all the same ailments my father has! he had 3 surgeries this week. This week will be stressful too, i have to find a nursing home to put him in at least temporarily.
FFL,

Praying for you, your father, and your family! :) And, congrats on your two weeks... sounds like you're doing just fine, under the circumstances! ;)
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

fatfarmlady

fatfarmlady reporting in

Post by fatfarmlady » Tue May 13, 2008 2:35 am

Hi everyone! I have been neglecting my postings! My dad is in the home and adjusting to everything. He now has a cold and a bad cough, hope the pneumonia doesn't come back. As for me, I have had some really good days, and some really bad days. i am rereading the book for help that i may have missed. Thanks for the prayers, can't live without them!

I need to step up the walking. went fence fixing, that helped with the exercise somewhat. I procrastinate too much. Hope everyone is having success with the No S plan.

ffl :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 am

ffl,

glad to see you back and hear that things may be settling down in your life,
Blueskighs

fatfarmlady

hungry!

Post by fatfarmlady » Wed May 14, 2008 2:52 am

Why am I so hungry lately? Today I worked with my husband doing farm stuff and came home famished for lunch. I made morrel mushrooms picked right on the farm and eggs. Then a long afternoon of the same thing, when I got back home I dipped into the sun chips. :( So much for No Snacking. then did some more work with him and came in and had a small bowl of cereal and a peanut butter 1/2 sandwich. Stepped on the scale and I am up 6 pounds and I feel it. I think I need more water to drink between meals. Also more fiber at meals would probably keep me fuller. Need to put in the garden if it would just stay dry long enough.

I am a sun person. I have tons more energy when it shines. Have a good week! :)

ffl