Delicious Veggies!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jazzys mom

Delicious Veggies!

Post by jazzys mom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:29 pm

My friend gave me this recipe for veggies and thought I'd share it. They are delicious! I made a huge pan of these Sat. and had only one serving as my son ate the rest! Had to make more yesterday - for me! :lol:

Line a large jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Cut up fresh veggies or you can use frozen already cut up. I used 1/2 bag of Calif. Mix (Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) from Sam's Club. The bag was a little over 4 lbs. To that I added a cut up red pepper, yellow pepper and orange pepper and about 3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Place all in jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, pepper and dill. Toss. Cut up one stick of butter over all and drizzle with a little EVO. Place in 400 degree oven and toss about every 15 minutes until veggies are crisp tender or soft - depending on how you like your veggies. I prefer mine soft. Took about 1 hour to cook.

Enjoy!
Jazzys Mom

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Mmmmmmmmm, sounds good :) and easy!

Thanks
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:43 pm

I've done something a little similar for the last few years...

I take cut up (julienned) red and green peppers, toss them in some Italian salad dressing (Kraft Golden Italian, or Kraft Zesty Italian), and then lay them out on a baking sheet.

I bake them at 400*F for about 30-45 minutes.

Yummy! :D
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Those sound really good too! I'll have to try them