MONDAY AND BACK TO N-S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

amyg

MONDAY AND BACK TO N-S

Post by amyg » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:45 pm

IT'S MONDAY...JUST HAD MY NO-S LUNCH. THIS IS WEEK 3 AND I FIND THAT I'M MORE FULL AFTER MEALS, ALSO I FOUND OUT THAT IF I TAKE SECONDS ON WEEKENDS I AM MISERABLE. THAT MUST MEAN PROGRESS!

I WEIGHED IN ON SATURDAY. IN TWO FULL WEEKS OF N-SING I WENT FROM 173.8 TO 169.8....I'M HAPPY.

IS THAT ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD BE EXPECTING? I HAVE NOT CHEATED AT ALL DURING THE N-S DAYS. :lol:

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:58 pm

good work Amy! i have noticed that it takes less food to fill me up in week 5 then it did in the beginning.

sounds like you're on the right track. beware of the scale though, it can be your best friend or worst enemy. from most of the posts i read, it tends more toward the evil side ... :wink:
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Congratulations on the weight loss! God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Sounds like you're doing great!

I also can't stand taking seconds now either. WAY too full after and then miserable digestion for the rest of the day.

Good job :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

I wouldn't say the scale is evil. I think it depends on how clear of an emotional understanding you have of the limitations of it as a tool and what it is measuring.

A scale measures WEIGHT, not fat. If you lose a lot of weight, it could be fat. It could be water, overcoming constipation or a bunch of other things.

The thing is, what you want to lose is fat. You don't want to lose bone density or muscle. Those things, when lost, are measured as a weight loss, but that's hardly a GOOD thing.

I do weigh every day. I'm two pounds "heavier" this morning than I was yesterday morning. Did I gain two pounds of fat in one day? Not a chance! I know for a fact I did not eat 7,000 extra calories this weekend! (I'm sore as hell from lifting weights, so it's probably water retention. One day of working out won't put on two pounds of muscle, either, dammit!)

I'm emotionally indifferent to the daily changes. I am somewhat less emotionally indifferent to trends lasting over a month. A month becomes better data when averaged, after all.

The thing is, if you find your emotions are driven by the scale and are interfering with good habits, it really MIGHT be productive to get rid of it in favor of taking your measurements every couple of weeks or going by how your clothes are fitting. These metrics have the advantage of being a lot more reflective of how much body fat you're carrying, anyway.

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 pm

How do you SURVIVE a Monday???

Today has been a horrible Monday for me. I had all good intentions of NoS'ing today, and then I succumbed to the call of chocolate... I made a whole pan of chocolate-pecan brownies, and have already eaten 2. :-(

I know I can just restart. And, I plan to do so tomorrow.

But, has anyone else struggled with "starting over" (so-to-speak) on Mondays, after being allowed to have freedom on the S days (weekends)? This is my first Monday-after (my second NoS week), so it's been harder than I thought it'd be. :-(

:oops:
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Don't restart tomorrow. Freeze the brownies that are left over and restart NOW.

Seriously.

Putting it off puts another link in the chain of habits you DONT want!

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:16 pm

NoelFigart wrote:Don't restart tomorrow. Freeze the brownies that are left over and restart NOW.

Seriously.

Putting it off puts another link in the chain of habits you DONT want!
I know, I know... Actually, the brownies are already *in* the freezer -- I put them there to harden-up the "frosting" a bit. :roll:

But, yeah... I know you're right. Restarting now is better... waiting just gives me more time to hum and haw about restarting, right? Better to just restart NOW, in this moment! Thanks. :-?

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 pm

getting back On Habit for me on Mondays is challenging. The more I enjoyed my weekend it seems the greater the challenge on Monday.

I throw LOTS of inner temper tantrums on Monday ... so truthfully the only way I get through Monday's is LOTS of temper tantrums, no matter what, and a to do list that I just force myself to get through :D after a certain point ... usually before Monday dinner I am back on track but it is just difficult. Of course I haven't been doing this SO LONG and I think there was a couple of Mondays I was actually looking forward to my N days ...

hmmm... actually, now that I think about it I can simultaneously look forward to my N days and become a terrible two year old Monday's about 11:00 am that they even exist....

Oy, we are complicated creatures :lol:

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

mjn

Post by mjn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks Noel, your reply about the scales and not eating 7000 calories of food in 2 days helped me this morning. I gained back 2 lbs this a.m. and felt pretty bummed out. I have been walking 5-8 miles a day too, and have been faithfully No-Sing. I will not let the scale get me down. Thanks

patticake

Post by patticake » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:49 am

Hi. I agree I think the scale is getting to me too. Thanks for the suggestions. I feel like I am on track for long term progress. Have a great week. Patti

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:36 pm

blueskighs wrote:
getting back On Habit for me on Mondays is challenging. The more I enjoyed my weekend it seems the greater the challenge on Monday.

I throw LOTS of inner temper tantrums on Monday ... so truthfully the only way I get through Monday's is LOTS of temper tantrums, no matter what, and a to do list that I just force myself to get through :D after a certain point ... usually before Monday dinner I am back on track but it is just difficult. Of course I haven't been doing this SO LONG and I think there was a couple of Mondays I was actually looking forward to my N days ...

hmmm... actually, now that I think about it I can simultaneously look forward to my N days and become a terrible two year old Monday's about 11:00 am that they even exist....

Oy, we are complicated creatures :lol:

Blueskighs
So glad to read that I'm not the only one... Thanks, Blueskighs. :)

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:22 pm

I think is says a lot about how much my S-days need work that I'm often RELIEVED that it's Monday.

And I'm thinking about that.