Sweets are sweeter

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MoTappin

Sweets are sweeter

Post by MoTappin » Fri May 02, 2008 6:59 pm

There is such a difference for me on the sweets now. I can't count the number of times I snacked on whatever sweet thing (usually overdoing it), and of course felt guilty about it later thinking, "it didn't even taste that good...WHY did I eat it?" But now, that guilt is absent. Last weekend I treated myself to 2 Hostess O's (the raspberry filled powdered donuts). A month ago I would have eaten them and felt guilty later, and I wouldn't have enjoyed them nearly as much because I was eating sweets all the time. But upon finishing, the thoughts were "boy...that tasted good. I'm glad I did that."

Reinhard, you have a marvelous insight into the human psyche. I love the line from the book, "deserve your desserts...they taste much better that way." I don't know why that never occurred to me before, but it's SO TRUE.

Meals taste better, sweets taste better, I'm NOT starving between meals (telling me I really didn't need to be snacking anyway), and I'm so looking forward to having a normal relationship to food for the rest of my life. Instead of thinking about food on and off all day, my mind is free to focus on the things I need and want to do. It's only food, after all!

Freedom! I'm enjoying the kind of freedom that I can only give to myself. It feels so good to LET GO.
Meredith

foxylady

Post by foxylady » Fri May 02, 2008 7:14 pm

WAY TO GO MO! And DITTO'S to your entire post.

Have a great " on habit day. "
Love Mom or
Foxylady
Within your weakness, there lies your strength...... sleeping. ( Sylvia Brown's grandmother )

ou812

Post by ou812 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:34 pm

Yes, sweets do taste sweeter. In fact I started disliking cheap candy bars and chocolates for this reason. The more expensive organic dark chocolate tastes much better.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 03, 2008 12:51 am

I love looking forward to my weekend treats!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey