Almost done with my first 5 No-S days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lorriet

Almost done with my first 5 No-S days

Post by lorriet » Fri May 02, 2008 11:18 pm

And, for the most part, I was NO-S, with the exception of two cookies on Monday, before I discovered this plan, and an after-dinner mint at a restaurant that I absent-mindedly popped in my mouth.

I've felt kind of hungy sometimes, and today, forgot to eat breakfast (got too busy first thing at work, and skipped my morning break). I was super hungry at lunch, but just ate my same regular meal.

I was thinking that maybe I'd go "off-plan" early tonight, but then, I'm doing so well, why mess with it!

I weighed myself today, and I'm down about 2 lbs (though that could just be water). Still, it felt good to see even a little downward movement on the scale!

I have friends who have cautioned me about not snacking, but I have really horrible impulse control when it comes to snacks, that for now at least, I'll stick with this.

Thanks for putting this simple concept out there. :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 03, 2008 12:49 am

Lorriet,

there is another thread where someone was told they were BRAVE for not snacking ...

Reinhard is right, this snacking thing has gotten ingrained DEEP into our culture in such a very short period of time,

AMAZING,
sounds like you are doing well, and I totally support you in not starting early and keeping your S day for tomorrow :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Sat May 03, 2008 1:57 am

Good For You!!!

I just happened upon the No S Diet book in Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago and I haven't looked back. The 'plan' seemed so realistic and obtainable I started the next day, which I think was a Weds... I've never not had a free for all day before I started a new diet, until now...

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

I can not praise Reinhard enough....

Meikmeika

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Welcome, Lorriet. I was a constant snacker (and also loved my sweets and seconds!) I eased myself into the plan rather than commiting to following it strictly right away. I suppose I just wasn't ready in my mind to accept such a lifestyle change without feeling deprived.

But now that I have commited to really doing my best to No S, it is very freeing. When my office mate pulls out her pretzels to munch at 11am, I know that it is simply not an option for me. When people around me are getting into treats or chocolates or whatever, I no longer feel deprived at not joining in. I feel very successful for waiting until S days to enjoy whatever snacks or treats I would like (sometimes, and in moderation).

I have found that I can enjoy the smell of a donut, or chocolates, as I walk past them. No strong desire to clutter up my body with all of that.

What I'm trying to say is that it really becomes simple to skip the snacks. And as Reinhard reminds us, in the past no one used to eat every few hours (except infants!) Why should we need to?

Congrats on your first 5 days on habit! Great job!