I Heart Water

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fkwan

I Heart Water

Post by fkwan » Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 pm

in another thread, Blamey wrote:I eat cereal for breakfast every day, with 1% milk, a banana and some juice. my cereal choices vary, but i think cereals are clearly coated in sugar or not.
I vote LIFE is not.
this is the breakfast i've been eating since i started nosing, and it lasts until about 11:45 before i'm starving for lunch (then i hold out until 1pm so i can make it to dinner ok)
I'd just like to observe that the water bottle is your friend. Even though the literature now states that all that water drinking is horse hockey, it sure fills you up and gives you something to do between meals.

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

Jaymiz

Re: I Heart Water

Post by Jaymiz » Wed May 07, 2008 9:35 pm

fkwan wrote:I'd just like to observe that the water bottle is your friend.....it sure fills you up and gives you something to do between meals.

f
I agree! I carry my 20oz. "chug bottle" with me everywhere now. I try to drink 40oz. per day (that's only 5 x 8oz. glasses), but often fall short of that. Either way, I'm still getting in waaaay more water than I used to, and I've weaned myself off of the "Crystal Light" packets I used to think I "needed" in order to get any water into me. ;)
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 07, 2008 10:29 pm

yes, I agree water is what we are mostly made of :) I drink plenty of water and ignore the research ... it is funded by business interests who want to make money off things other than water ... no matter what research may say ... I know my mind and body work better if I drink plenty of H20!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Wed May 07, 2008 11:51 pm

Yes, but Hyponatremia wasn't invented by food companies, so, drink your water but don't go overboard, it is a rare occurence but it can be fatal.
I personally drink nothing but tea all day long, I make a big teapot of tea as many times as needed and cover it with a thick tea cozy and reach for a cup when I'm thirsty, but only if I'm thirsty.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Thu May 08, 2008 2:13 am

Mavilu wrote:Yes, but Hyponatremia wasn't invented by food companies, so, drink your water but don't go overboard, it is a rare occurence but it can be fatal.
I personally drink nothing but tea all day long, I make a big teapot of tea as many times as needed and cover it with a thick tea cozy and reach for a cup when I'm thirsty, but only if I'm thirsty.
Mavilu,

I rarely go above 2 L, but thanks for the warning.

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Mavilu wrote:Yes, but Hyponatremia wasn't invented by food companies, so, drink your water but don't go overboard, it is a rare occurence but it can be fatal.
How much water is bad?
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu May 08, 2008 1:18 pm

Nichole wrote:How much water is bad?
Nothing you're typically going to consume on a daily basis. It takes effort to consume enough water for it to be bad and cause hyponatremia. Most often you'll see this in athletes who replace water without replacing electrolytes.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Fri May 09, 2008 12:55 am

Yes, you do have to drink lots of water, but it is not impossible for anyone to go overboard when it comes to liquid consumption, it is difficult for a regular person, but no one is excempt.
Those athletes that died of hyponatremia didn't drink water in excess because some special athlete frame of mind that you all lack made them do so, they drank all that water because they though "if some is good, then a lot is better" and even with the water loss that serious training and competing brings, they still managed to waterlog their brains.
A regular person that does 30 minutes of moderate exercise needs even less than an athlete, and these people are those that tend to be in the "if a little water is good, then a lot is much better" trend I've seen everywhere.
My point is that I didn't post that to scare everyone off water, just to remind that there is such thing as excessive water consumption.
Drink your water because you are thirsty, drink your other drinks out of enjoyement or whatever, just don't drink and drink and drink mindlessly.
That you *must* drink no less than certain amount of water is yet another trend of modern times; you'll never hear your grandma talking about how she used to carry a water bottle everywhere she went, she probably will tell you that she didn't need to because she wasn't thirsty.