S day or N day?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DebbiAnn

S day or N day?

Post by DebbiAnn » Fri May 09, 2008 6:01 pm

I have an golf event comming up. It isnt that special, but I am co-chair of the contenetial breakfast. Most of the Ladies are bringing muffins, donuts, and other sweets. I am bringing fruit and there will be some eggs. I need to eat enough to last 18 holes and make it to the luncheon. Should I just make this an S day and eat what I want, or try to eat just eggs and fruit. Are bran muffins or other type of breakfast muffins sweets. I figure pastry is.

help

Debbi

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri May 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Pastry is definitely a sweet.

Muffins are "gray" - a nice healthy bran muffin can be okay, but some are so sugar-filled they'd fit right on a dessert tray.

How about adding some whole-grain bagels or English muffins to the mix? Maybe some cheese? Since you're in charge, you have more control than one usually would. :)

As for S/No-S day... your call, really. If it's not that special a day overall, it sounds as if you could get a good N-day breakfast out of the offerings (especially if you tweak a bit). If you do want an S-day, just decide in advance and take it.

Have fun!

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri May 09, 2008 6:07 pm

A good rule of thumb is: Would you serve it as a dessert?

If it's sweet enough to be a dessert, it's a sweet.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri May 09, 2008 6:18 pm

If it has frosting on it and tastes like dessert, it's a sweet. But just because a muffin looks like a cupcake, doesn't mean it is. Donuts on the other hand...

If you don't want to count it as an S day, I'd say you should be able to do fine with the plans as they are, as long as you can get enough eggs to last you. What do you want to do?
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

DebbiAnn

Post by DebbiAnn » Fri May 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks for the advise. I am still new to Nosing and don't want to mess up after only 2 weeks. The whole grain bagels sounds like a great idea. I might just bring one for myself to have with some eggs and fruit. That way I dont hog all the eggs and I should make it to lunch. I am not worried about lunch, I just say no to dessert.

Like they say Muffins are grey areas. Since I am not the one making them, I probably will pass. Keep it an N day and proceed.

Now if I can only break 100.

Debbi

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Fri May 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Debbi - I say if you can keep it a Nday, go for it! you'll be really excited for lunch and it will be an accomplishment to know if you can have an unusual N-day.
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri May 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Here's what I'd do. I'd call the breakfast an "S event", do the best I can and not worry about it. Life if too damned short to worry about a muffin at breakfast. A half dozen muffins is another story.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."