Day 2 - oops

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LiterBiter10

Day 2 - oops

Post by LiterBiter10 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:28 am

Yesterday was my day 2. I'm amazed at how easy this has been so far. I'm sure I'll have difficult times coming. It's so refreshing not to have to constantly think about food. That's what other diets did to me. I had to be obsessed with food - that left me hungrier than ever.

I did eat seconds at dinner. I did it without even thinking. Mindless eating. I suppose I wasn't hungry after my first helping and that I just wanted more of something I enjoyed. I'll have to be more aware from now on.

Wow. Guilt-free dieting. Who knew?

CatholicCajun

Re: Day 2 - oops

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed May 14, 2008 5:23 pm

LiterBiter10 wrote:Yesterday was my day 2. I'm amazed at how easy this has been so far. I'm sure I'll have difficult times coming. It's so refreshing not to have to constantly think about food. That's what other diets did to me. I had to be obsessed with food - that left me hungrier than ever.

I did eat seconds at dinner. I did it without even thinking. Mindless eating. I suppose I wasn't hungry after my first helping and that I just wanted more of something I enjoyed. I'll have to be more aware from now on.

Wow. Guilt-free dieting. Who knew?
Hello and welcome. Habits are hard to form and break. We can learn so much from our slip ups, like your eating seconds without even thinking, shows how much of an ingrained habit it was and how we mindlessly eat sometimes. I have a note posted: Enough is the same as a Feast. It is such a true statement, especially if you eat slow and enjoy every bite. Anyway, good luck and God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 14, 2008 5:35 pm

The best way to learn is to make mistakes. :)

The first few weeks it seems you ahve to really be very mindful between meals and even after meals- during cleanup, I'd always finish the last roll or the last few bites of cassarole, etc. Very easy to slip up.

Keep it up :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed May 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Don't worry about the slipups. I can honestly say I've learned a TON about my slipups, because that were mine to make. I wasn't rebelling against a diet, I was succumbing to a lifelong habit. Getting the rebellion out of the way of fighting something or someone else, leaves you free and clear to work on your habits and expectations. which, in the end is the only thing that will ever work long-term... changing habits.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.