No S a form of hypnosis?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Shirls

No S a form of hypnosis?

Post by Shirls » Sat May 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Do you think the three plate system is a sort of self-hypnosis? Like it sort of burrows deep into the subconscious and that's why we manage to stick to it when every other diet has been an obsession? :roll:
Whatever it is I am just so, so grateful.
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 pm

Shirls...it's not a form of self hypnosis...but it is a habit building plan and habits take hold and work from the subconscious, which is where hypnosis works. So I can see the idea/connection.

I speak of this with knowledge as my b-friend is a clinical hypnotherapist. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat May 17, 2008 9:53 pm

I finally finished reading Mindless Eating this morning. At the back of the book he answers some questions, one of which is: "Why don't we see mindless eating in other countries?"

Wansink thought there were two key reasons others are skinnier than we are: size and structure. I'm going to skip size and go to structure.

"many foreign cultures have more structure to their eating patterns...meals are more patterned and less rushed."

So, I think No-S provides structure.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

palomayombe

Post by palomayombe » Sat May 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 am

Like it sort of burrows deep into the subconscious and that's why we manage to stick to it when every other diet has been an obsession?

Shirl,
one of the things I love about Reinhard's latest podcast ... S days gone wild is that he talks about how No S works on the subconscious as to all other diet plans that work on conscious level, could this broadly be construed as a "hypnosis"? I don't know but it definitely does seem to work at a much deeper ... ROOT level,
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Shirls

Post by Shirls » Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 pm

I've downloaded that podcast - must put it on my mp3 plyer and have a listen :D
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.