Overdoing it on S days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Remy

Overdoing it on S days

Post by Remy » Sat May 24, 2008 4:22 am

I am new and have read many of the threads but may have missed information on my query. If so , I apologize.

My query relates to the S days. I started nosing last Monday and have done well. Stuck to my three meals etc. Today (Saturday) is my first S day. In the past I have been a binge eater. I can eat all day. I am so tempted to do that today. But if I don't have some treats I feel that I won't stay on the diet long term.

So my question is - should I make sure I am strict with the NS days and allow myself some freedom on the S days until I feel I can cut back on the binge eating? Or as an alternative should I eat some treats but make sure they are at mealtimes so they at least form part of the three meals a day structure of the diet. Or any other suggestions that you can come up with.

I have struggled with willpower in the past and really want to have some system in my life that allows me to feel more normal about food. Just being able to eat three meals without counting, weighing, reading or obsessing about grams of this or percentages of that is a huge burden off my shoulders. I just want to get to feel comfortable with the freedoms of the S days and this will be my diet for life.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 24, 2008 4:40 am

The main thing at the beginning is getting the N day habits down. You cannot fail an S day, so even if you binge all day long, it isn't a failure. You are free. You can enjoy your indulgences, because you deserve them.

Trust the plan. My early S days were pretty crazy! But in time, they began to improve, as I focused on N day habits.

I did do some binging on my early S days. But I also had my 3 meals. And my worst S days were better than my days before starting No S!

Check Reinhard's post for great ideas! http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3401

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 4:59 am

Remy,

just want to say I totally agree with CrazyCatLady's suggestion ... use the link and listen to Reinhard's S Days Gone Wild podcast. It answers all the questions you have laid out and let's face it, it comes straight from the source!

Whatever you do, don't do it unless you are going to ENJOY it! :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 5:18 am

oops just did want to add in case you don't get to the podcast a rule of thumb is SNEAKY

don't be SNEAKY with your treats :D and make a "big deal" about them. Make them special. Delightful. They are earned and well-deserved ...
Give them the appropriate respect that they deserve :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey