I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wirerat123

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

Post by wirerat123 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:28 am

First off I am very glad I found this website. I've been trying to preach eating habits to the heavier people around me for months. Now there is evidence that what I was doing was right. I just found this website looking through some different workout routines. I got so interested popping through everything on the site I can't even remember what site I saw it on. But I'm glad to see it.

I am a NoS dieter, and I know I'm not a big guy, but I knew I needed to lose weight for my health. And I needed to do it in a way that I wouldn't hate or drop like a ton of bricks.

Amazingly enough, I became a NoS dieter over a year ago, before I'd ever even heard of the NoS diet. I just took a good deap look into my habits, and figured a change of habits would be what makes the difference. So I started eating sensible portioned meals, completely cut out snacks and sodas, Planned for one to two higher calorie days during the (7 day) week to stop my body from screaming "MORE CALORIES!", then added in a nice work out routine that I wouldn't be tempted to quit, And Bam, in the course of 4 months I dropped well over 20 pounds. And yes, it was over 20 fat pounds, not muscle and water pounds.

I basically started what I prefer to call eating right in April of 2007, I weighed about 205ish give or take a few pounds on any given day, but on a 5'8" mans frame that's chunky. By late July I noticed I was down into the 170s, a place I hadn't been in nearly 10 years. Not bad.

It became such a habit that after I stopped working out in October 2007 (I plateued and got discouraged) I didn't even realize that my eating habits I was doing during my version of the NoS diet had become just that HABIT!! Here I am now, almost June 2008, and I weigh a whopping 178 lbs. That's a basic weight gain of about 3 to 4 pounds (depending on fluctuation) in 8 months without the exercise. IT'S A LIFE CHANGER! Before that I had started gaining weight at a rapid pace, I'd gained nearly 10 pounds in the previous year, sounds like nothing to a lot of people, but better to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand.

I'm here to fully and 100% support this website. This isn't a diet, it's isn't a get rich idea, it's not anything less than a BETTER way of life. I appreciate the way he approaches it in a Psycological manner. And the solution is to CHANGE YOUR HABITS! Honestly I believe it's the only solution that will ever work for anyone. Try a diet, fail, try another, fail, try another, fail. Tweak your eating habits to eating the way we should all be eating (Eat whatcha want, just be sensible about how much and when, and it doesn't even require that much discipline) and BAM success!

Ok, so now that I'm back on the wagon I'll give a run down of what worked for me last year, and I'm starting again very to shed off that last 10 to 15lbs.

Breakfast: Bowl of cereal, and Fruit, usually Fruit Juice for drink. Ocasionally on days where I woke up late and was pressed for time I had breakfast bars available that were supposed to be a full breakfast in one bar (and nutritionally they were, but tasted like banana cardboard).

Lunch: Typically a Mirowave meal of the Lean Cuisine variety, or some other correctly proportioned meal.

Dinner: Usually some Soup and Crackers, or another meal of the microwave variety, teamed up with a handful of trail mix as a sort of desert, and some tea, or usually water.

(Yeah yeah, microwave meals hehe. I'm single, cooking for one is near impossible.)

My workout consisted of 2 full rounds of our workout machine circuit, and 30 minutes on the Elyptical trainer. Usually about an hour a day.

The effects of what this did for me physically are still here with me many many months after I stopped working out. I started back up on my workout routine last Thursday, and had little issues completing my full workout. I was sore for the last several days, but got back into the gym today after the long weekend, and was back at it.

This diet plan works, I will attest to that, add in exercise, and the results will be greater. But it's up to you guys to excercise your inner demons and get yourself mentally ready. It's going to be even harder for the heavier folks. Get your head right and get it done. I'm going to be lurking around here offering support and advice when I can. I wish all of you the best on your march to your goals. Don't give up, Don't cheat (much), and when you drop enough weight to start adding regular exercise, DO IT! Then the pounds will really start to fly off.

Thanks Reinhard Engels for getting this out there for the world to see. You WILL help a lot of people. Props for a job well done. And believe it or not, you will save a few lives in the process.
SW = 205
CW = 178
TW = 165

NoS is working for me!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed May 28, 2008 1:38 pm

Your post is just what I needed to get some more motivation. It reminded me why I started this in the first place. I just gained back four pounds I lost because of Memorial Day weekend and am feeling quite discouraged. I only have a few pounds to lose. Ten at the most.

I also eat microwave meals for lunch and cereal for breakfast. They really do help with control and portion sizes. Dinner is whatever my in-laws make and unfortunately it is also often take out.

It's so difficult sometimes. I can stick to exercising just fine, but eating right can be difficult when I get stressed out. I'm getting married and starting the long process of trying to buy a house --- both I find to be stressful and I've been very anxious..

But I'm going to keep on trying and I want to get back on track! Eating cake when I get home from work won't solve my troubles. I don't know how this turned into a vent/rant, but oh well!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. Another reason I liked this program and Reinhard is that he shares everything for FREE, meaning that his ultimate goal is not to pad his pocketbook with our hard earned money, the guy is genuine. I did buy the book to help him out and the book does bring excellent points to mind, I have two copies, one at home and one in my desk drawer. Have a blessed day and welcome.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

navi

Post by navi » Thu May 29, 2008 1:41 am

I am glad noS is working for you, but are you sure it is your place to "preach" to the "heavier" people around you about eating habits? I know that I would be really annoyed if someone gave me unsolicited advice on how to fix flaws they see in me. Just a thought.....

wirerat123

Post by wirerat123 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:58 am

Hehe, it's not preching unsolicited advice, they whine about their weight, i tell them what worked to pull a lot of extra weight off my frame that shouldn't be there. They ask me "Damn you look better! How did you pull off that extra weight you were carrying?", I'll tell ya, accept it and try it, or ignore it and carry on gaining weight. That's nothing I myself can control.

Yes I am a male, I typically am going to have more muscle mass, and that's typically going to burn a lot more calories throughout the day than the average female body. Yes I was in decent shape when I started. But what he is teaching here is absolutely the best way to get yourself healthier. It costs no money (in fact will save money in the stores), changes very little about your normal day to day routine, and is easily doable by almost everyone. Once you know you are ready to take the plunge, it will work for you. Females will not see the results as fast as most males, don't let that discourage you. Just do it for 6 months, if you don't feel better and look better, then I don't know what to tell ya.
SW = 205
CW = 178
TW = 165

NoS is working for me!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 am

wirerat123,

thank you for sharing your inspiring story and WELCOME!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri May 30, 2008 3:25 am

wirerat123,

Congratulations on your success and THANK YOU for letting us know. The details are great. People are constantly asking about example meals. I've posted about some of my "intelligent default" meals, but everyone is different and I'm sure yours will map better to the tastes of some people than mine.

That you independently came up with something almost exactly like no s (even with S-days!) is further confirmation that there is something deeply right about it. It's like Newton and Leibnitz with calculus (well, sorta). :-)

Reinhard

wirerat123

Post by wirerat123 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Thanks man, I went into deeper detail in another blog of what I am currently doing now. I also added some ideas to get some sorts of exercise in through the day. Some people have kids, and are very busy up until they need to go to bed. There are things they can do while sitting at their desk that will help some. Plus some other lifestyle changes that people can make that will make a difference. The more detailed post is located here. I hope it helps some folks out. It's the little things you will change that will help the most. Once the fitness starts coming, they can start getting into higher levels of fitness. Then next thing they know they are maxxing out their credit cards buying new clothes.

The new thread can be found here.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3532
SW = 205
CW = 178
TW = 165

NoS is working for me!