No S Diet shows up in Oprah's Book Club!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

maslowjenkins

No S Diet shows up in Oprah's Book Club!

Post by maslowjenkins » Thu May 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Ok, so the title is sensational and a totally misleading, but read on...

I am currently reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, which is an Oprah book club selection.

As I'm reading, I read this passage (p. 165):
"In other words, and this may sound strange, if you don't mind being unhappy, what happens to the unhappiness? Dont you want to find out?"

But [/i]I read

If you don't mind being hungry, what happens to the hunger?

His point being that when we acknowledge our feelings, they do not have the power over us that they do when we are busy fighting them.

there you go.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu May 29, 2008 1:22 pm

*snerk* You know, I'm sure poor Reinhard would be considering you a tease about now...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 am

Hey, the more times my name is mentioned in conjunction with Eckhardt Tolle (and Oprah), the better.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention -- now if only someone would bring it to Hers. :-)

Reinhard

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 pm

reinhard wrote:Hey, the more times my name is mentioned in conjunction with Eckhardt Tolle (and Oprah), the better.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention -- now if only someone would bring it to Hers. :-)

Reinhard
So write her a nice letter!