Hi all

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kbits

Hi all

Post by kbits » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Just wanted to say a short hello to everyone. This is the...3rd time? 4th? I've started No-s. A couple of times I made the mistake of giving up after no immediate results (~2-3 weeks) or perhaps even gaining a little. "I'm *gaining* weight? What the hell is that all about?!?!".

A couple of other times I tried tracking way too many things (5 at once) via Habitcalc. 5 working parts break much easier than 1 or 2, huh? :)

I know for a fact (and via personal experience) that caloric restriction works. I once lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks following a paleo / colours type approach. Sadly, that kind of loss wasn't maintainable for me, though it did serve a specific goal (getting to a particular weight division for a sport).

Lessons learned? Do less, do it slower and don't bite off more than you can chew (pardon the pun).

In any case, I'm a fan of both the simplicity and pragmatism that can be read 'between the lines' in the No-s. Low tech, high concept.

Anyway, fingers crossed for attempt 5 :). I'm going public with the habitcalc this time as an extra 'fence around the law'. Prying eyes and all that.

PS: Reinhard, if you see this, would you kindly comment on the "personal olympics" thread?

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... 1649#41649

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:52 pm

God Bless and good luck with attempt No. 5!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Welcome back, kbits!

Throttling one's ambition can be the trickiest part of self-improvement... I try to build this into the systems themselves, but when you're doing 5 at once, it can quickly become overwhelming.

I'm just coming back from a 3 day vacation so I've got quite a bit of catching up to do, but I'll certainly comment on your personal olympics suggestions as soon as I can.

Best of luck,

Reinhard