Fruit Smoothies

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

HistoryTeacher

Fruit Smoothies

Post by HistoryTeacher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:04 pm

I have a question for the crowd, lately I've come to love fruit smoothies, the ones made with only juice and fruit, not the ones with ice cream. Most I've used them as a replacement breakfast but yesterday it just sounded way too good between breakfast and lunch. I'm trying to figure out if it counts as a snack or if it counts like a glass of milk or juice?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm

I sometimes make smoothies like this myself and don't consider them sweets, but I do limit them to meals (breakfast). They're a little too thick and food-like to qualify as drinks in my mind.

But feel free to draw the food/drink line differently if you think you can handle it. This is definitely one of those "borderline" issues.

Reinhard

gingercake

Post by gingercake » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:45 am

I have smoothies almost every day as part of my breakfast. I can't make it to lunch on just the smoothie, but I like it with peanut butter on whole grain toast or an egg or something. Maybe if you eat a little more at breakfast you won't be craving a smoothie snack?