"Retreats?"

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tedji

"Retreats?"

Post by tedji » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:04 pm

I needed to be away with colleagues on a retreat this past week and couldn't hold it together for two of the four days we were away. I am only on my second week and I had to decide whether to see those days as failures or as S days, since we were away and being taken care of at a resort. Any wisdom on how to view this lapse or should I just keep moving forward and try to build up a bunch of green days?

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Were any of the days you were there an actual Sat. or Sun.? If so then there are your new normal S days. If they weren't, but because you were on a planned outing then I would count them as two NWS days (non weekend S days). Reinhard says to give yourself a maximum of 2 per month. So I would do that and just carry on building the habits.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:35 pm

However you count them, just move forward from where you are.

No punishment.
No skipping future S-days to "make up".
No beating yourself up.

Just focus on the future, and build your "greens."

If you have time, I recommend listening to the "strictness" podcast about now. :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:42 pm

just keep moving forward and try to build up a bunch of green days
tedji,

think you just answered your own question brilliantly :wink: !

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey