Preventative Idiocy?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

Preventative Idiocy?

Post by Betty » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:01 pm

This has been a good week. I've added on a bit of strictness and was completely sucessful. By Thursday, though, I was feeling like a snack. Oooh, it was hard to wait for the weekend.

I felt like I had been so strict that I needed to blow off steam. I felt like I *needed* to be an idiot in order to get through the next week.

Anyway, I was an idiot today. Feel pretty blechy, actually.

Curious about y'alls thoughts about this...

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Sorry you feel blechy.. LOL
That's actually a good thing, because if you didn't feel that way, you'd just let yourself continue to eat this way always. At least you know you don't like that bad overfull feeling. Good feedback I'd say :)

Try not to think about "getting through to next week" because the idea that you can't do it without overdoing S days in order to be successful during N days is not true, and will probably ruin your real enjoyment of your S's, and just perpetuate the whole cycle of overdoing them for the sake of "getting through"
Just focus on really truly *enjoying* them.. If you overdo it every now and then, just try to listen more carefully to whether you are truly enjoying them next time round.
Me and my Son made yesterday afternoon an S day for us cos it was first day off of his camp program and we decided to take a nice trip out to a waterfront area where they have little ice cream shops and little fries and burgers places.. But we found that some of the food wasn't so great and decided to dump half of it, and then each of us got ice cream and the portions were too big and after eating a little more than half we both tossed the rest after feeling very full. So that was a nice triumph, because not so long ago, we would just plow through all of it and then feel bad afterwards. If you focus on really enjoying your S's you will be more likely to stop yourself before you really go overboard. I'd also suggest, not having too many S's on an empty stomach but rather after a small meal, to keep you from inhaling too much. LOL

Overeating in general is the habit you want to kick, whether it's an S day or not.
Unless it's a sweet S, you can have some of the "snack" foods, if you are dying for them during the week, as long as you have them as part of your meal.
I confess to having chips and salsa as a meal once inna while.
Keep up the good work.
Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Betty

Post by Betty » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Deb,

Good advice. I usually get something really nice for S days but this time was so strange. I mean, I felt like I just needed a good binge. Totally unhealty attitude.

But, thank heavens for No S. If I had been dieting, I probably would have decended into a three week binge spiral. Today (Sunday begins my N week) I just got right back on track.

So we'll see what happens next weekend. It does feel good to be back on habit.

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Curious about y'alls thoughts about this...
Betty,

for me being "mentally restrictive" still triggers overeating ... so i really just try not to "mentally restrict" myself,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey