hi =D

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

marygrace

hi =D

Post by marygrace » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:29 pm

I have been doing some lurking and a small amount of posting since I started No-S about two weeks ago, but thought it would be nice to say a formal hello to everyone at this discussion board.

I think No-S is really great, and is definitely exactly what I need. I love food and cooking, so its great to not get caught up in a diet plan where I can only eat certain foods or where I have to constantly track calories. Also, I have a huge sweet tooth and have a tendency to go overboard on the snacks, especially at night, both of which No-S has enabled me to manage. Another great thing is that I don't find myself THINKING about No-S all the time, because its so easy.

I don't know if I've lost any weight or not because I haven't weighed myself, but I definitely feel a lot better already. I have always run for exercise, but since I used to eat a lot more, I always felt compelled to run crazy amounts as well. Now that I'm not eating as much, I don't feel the pressure to run as much. I've been doing around 3-4 miles a day, 5 days a week, which for me is completely manageable.

I'm so happy I discovered this system. It really made me look at my eating habits, and to see my gluttony for what it was (and to stop trying to justify it!) Snacks aren't even appealing to me anymore for the most part. They seem sort of childish, even.

Okay, so that's it really!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:31 am

Hi!
It is great you are doing so well....
No S is awesome and balanced.
I have found the same to be true regarding exercise.
I no longer feel the need to do crazy amounts of exercise because of my more moderate approach to eating.
I now have a much more balanced approach to exercise.
Because of No S, my exercise is moderate as well as a good habit.
Cutting out sweets, seconds, and snacks has made my focus on exercise to be something I enjoy that keeps me healthy rather than for compensating for eating so much.
Keep up the good work!