Returning and definitely in need of some serious support....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

drswife

Returning and definitely in need of some serious support....

Post by drswife » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 am

Hi everyone,

I stopped NoS about 3 months ago because I stupidly got frustrated with my lack of results. Prior to that I had been on the NoS for 3 months w only one or two reds.

I went on vacation for a week, came back and gained weight and just felt like all my hard work was for naught.

Well I read over my old posts and realized that the best part of this diet was the emotional stability that it gave me. It finally quieted all that noise in my head about what to, eat when to eat it etc for the first time in like 20 years. the last 3 months have been really difficult. I'm back to obsessing about food, feeling out of control and disgusted with myself. I graze ALL day long and my whole day basically seems to revolve around food.

At this point I really don't care if I lose a single pound but realistically if I just actually give it several months this time, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to drop a few pounds as well esp since I'm going to start regularly exercising as well.

So I hope everyone doesn't mind me crawling back, but I'm at a pretty low point and definitely need the some support. Wish me luck, I'm really happy to be starting anew!

Thanks for listening as usual....
L :}

Betty

Post by Betty » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 am

Welcome back!

To be honest, I've lost a total of 3 lbs in 5 months. maybe less. But No S has given me peace of mind in the way no diet on earth can. Success has become a daily behavior issue, and has nothing to do with girth or loss of girth. When dieting you can only feel successful at the end. I just refuse to put off success that long!

So three cheers for no S and welcome back.

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:59 am

Welcome back from me too!

The issue isn't that you floundered...the main issue is that you know what's good for your health...and you're back. So this is a good day....and a victory. Try to not beat yourself up....but pat yourself on the back for recognizing what you need to do to feel better.

Again, welcome back.....janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:05 am

Welcome back, dear; weight loss is sweet, but nothing compares to peace of mind!.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:59 am

Welcome back!!

Don't "crawl back" - dance in celebration of the positive choice you're making and the self-awareness you're showing. :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:57 pm

I can certainly relate to everything you wrote. Remembering the joy and freedom that we have all experienced here is essential.

I'm with you, have gained back some of what I lost because I lost my focus and just enjoyed the "supposed" lack of restraint in food choices that we get with NoS. My tweaking of something so simple to begin with was lame.

But I've gained so much more, especially the freedom to chose not to consume everything that crawls into my line of vision. And NoS spills into other critical areas of my life.

I've missed all your wonderful posts!

Welcome back!

Resting

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:04 pm

welcome back from me too!

Deedee

Post by Deedee » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 am

No crawling necessary! Nothing but loving support.

It works - you know it does - it's mind-expanding, it's freedom finding, it's fun, it's easy. It makes each day a new adventure.

Can anyone say that about a confining, refining diet plan - this many points, that many servings...dull, dull, dull and a prison sentence to boot.

Welcome back to the club!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm

drswife,

Please, one should expect multiple failures before this really clicks. No shame necessary. You are very welcome back -- and as many more times as it takes.

It sounds like you've really learned something from this experience.

No-s is not about losing pounds. It's about eating moderately. Now for most of us that will result in losing pounds -- perhaps even a great many pounds. But moderation is a great good in itself, and the only good (diet-wise) you should focus on.

If you don't think eating moderately is quite enough, you're right. You also have to move moderately. Too many people look at exercise as torture -- and it certainly can be. But with a little ingenuity and attention, it can also become a great pleasure in itself. Sloth is the real torture.

Reinhard

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Welcome back! May you be blessed with success!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

drswife

Post by drswife » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:32 pm

thanks for all the welcome backs! I've had no reds for 7 days and it feels amazing. I feel terrific like I've called a truce with my war on food. I know this is for me. I know it's the right path for me even if it takes me a few more tries to remember that. i'm so much happier eating like this!

I'm just going to weigh myself monthly and make slight tweaks if I feel necessary along the way but I'm fine with slooooowwww.

Linda :)