I'm re-committing

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KAxelrod

I'm re-committing

Post by KAxelrod » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 pm

From Dec. 27 until yesterday, I had a huge "S" fest. Bingeing, grazing, permasnacking, eating more sweets than I knew existed. Prior to that, I'd been doing No S for 4 months. I'm back. I just wanted to post this here, rather than in my daily check in, to make my re-commitment more public. I think No S is the way to go, and I'm tired of reverting to my old bad habits.

Here's to a reasonable N day today. I know it will feel good!

Marjolein

Post by Marjolein » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Good for you!!!

Marjolein

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Go Karen!
I'm trying too as well..
Hard time of year to find the motivation, but if not now, then when?
Good luck!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Good for you, Karen!

I did pretty much the same as you wrt permasnacking through the holidays and new year.

We can do this!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm

My holidays were not pretty either. Not many official failures, but the S-days were beyond idiotic.... to the point that N-days are a RELIEF. It feels so good to be back on track!

It's nice that N-days have become not just my default, but my preferred default!

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 am

diabolical holiday eating here too. And no exercise. I have gained weight because of it. But am back in the swing at the moment. Am really looking forward to drying out from crap food. Holiday excess on good food morphed into just plain excess...have had a couple of good days - very restrained S days - back to proper NoS tomorrow.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:31 pm

I've said something similar to this before and I just read it from a popular diet author: The problem isn't that we fall off the wagon now and again; the problem is expecting that we won't.

Even people of normal weight who don't "diet" have times when eating is less controlled than others. Then they go back to normal habits.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:39 pm

wosnes wrote:The problem isn't that we fall off the wagon now and again; the problem is expecting that we won't. Even people of normal weight who don't "diet" have times when eating is less controlled than others. Then they go back to normal habits.
Great, great quotes, Wosnes! I so often fight the "Don't Let Perfect Be the Enemy of Good" battle, and these words are The Best I've ever read vis-a-vis that!

I'm accustomed to having every slip-up become a major disaster. No-S has really helped me to get back on track as a matter of course, but I hadn't thought about how important it is to work toward the mindset of "people of normal weight". I know people like that, and yes, they do overeat now and again, but it's not the life-shattering event it becomes for me. This kind of mindset is going to be my focus for the coming week.

Many thanks! (A sticky for the refrigerator is in the offing!)

paulawylma

I'm restarting/starting !

Post by paulawylma » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 am

I would say that I'm restarting except that I never really started. Back in September, I read the book (found it in the bookstore) and then looked up the website. At the time, I thought a different diet would yield faster results--but of course I haven't lost a single pound. But now my company is sponsering a company-wide 10 week weight loss challenge and I am participating. I'm going to do the No S Diet and walkaerobics/hiking combined with weight training for exercise. It is a team challenge and my team starting weigh in is Wed the 21st, so our weigh out will be on April 1st! :-)

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:54 am

I'm restarting too...but I've "restarted" many many times before. I did great when I started the first time but quit trying due to personal issues and every other attempt to restart has failed.

But today I walked on my treadmill for the first time in a loooong time and it felt SO GREAT! Why did I ever stop? Anyways, it's amazing how this really motivates you to eat better. Why let all that great exercise go to waste??

Plus, I went to the mall tonight with my kids and saw some of the spring clothes that are being put out. Gave me not only motivation...but a determination.

Good luck everyone!