Here I am!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Here I am!

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 am

I am here. DH just left this morning for a 13 month deployment in Bahrain. I thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest, it hurt so much to see him go, with the 2 kids crying and all of us a mess.

We need to find a little bit of a balance, A new routine, and I need to start noSing again, as I'm back up to 233 :( All that work and dedication to get to 206 (and needing to probably be closer to 180) and I blew it.

I need to really think about those 3 meals. 3 plates packed with nourishing foods. NO seconds and keep sweets to a minimum on weekends.

It's been hard because the last couple weeks, family has been taking us out to eat, making brownies and cookies, etc, while we were unpacking and settling in at our new place.

So here I am. I need to recommit.

Thanks for listening!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

la_loser

You're back and we're here for you!

Post by la_loser » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:32 am

Tiffani,

You know you've got a place to share/vent/unload, etc. on these boards. I remember that this move and the deployment has been in the works for a long time and remember how stressed you were when you were planning the move, etc. My memory is that you are back near family at least. I hope that will be a comfort to you (but not always comfort food!).

It could be that the saneness and structure of No S can help keep you steady in other ways as well. Stay strong for those kiddos and keep posting here. Just try to stop us from responding to you!

And know that we appreciate your husband's service and we'll be keeping him and you in our thoughts.

Take care
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

la_loser

They're just words but . . .

Post by la_loser » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:39 pm

Tiffani,

Not that words are what you need right now. . . but after I posted the previous post, I ran across an old post I had made in the Glossary about something that Reinhard had said. This is what I meant in the previous post about maybe No S being able to give you some strength and structure during this rough time. So here is the quote-from the man himself. . . what a mental image this invokes! I know he meant it for purposes of eating habits, but I know that hanging on to No S during stressful times seems to give me balance.

Quote:
It is funny how most conventional diets feel like ballast, something extra, that we immediately reach to jettison when seas get too rough. Habitually ingrained no-s is more like the mast, fixed to the ship itself, something we can cling to to keep from being swept away by the swirling chaos all around us.

Reinhard
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:33 pm

This must be such a hard time for you. Thinking of you.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:29 am

Glad to see you, and hope we can offer some support during this difficult time.

Best wishes to you, your family, and your hubby.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:18 am

I pray that God will bless you all and fill your lives with His peace and joy while you are separated and that He will post angels around your hubby while he is away.

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))
Mo
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

MysteryLover

Post by MysteryLover » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I can't imagine how hard that must be for you and the kids. :(
Hopefully this year will go by fast for you & that you'll start to see some positive changes regarding your weight.
--Gina (a.k.a MysteryLover)
03/01/2017: 195.2
Current: 174.6
Goal: 145.0

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Thanks everyone, it means so much to me to have you guys post with such support and love :)

I am here, down to 227 at the moment. I have been avoiding my size 18 jeans because I KNOW they are going to be awful and I'm going to have muffin top in a BAD way LOL. I put a pair on today and oy. Tight tight tight. Maybe it will remind me to stick to 3 meals/1 plate no snacking!!

The kids and I are doing surprisingly well. I am thankful that dh had week long business trips the last couple of years because we popped right back into that routine. For the most part, the kids are doing ok and LOVE to see daddy on the skyppe webcam. He was able to just hang out on the skype for a couple of hours while we all took turns talking, and Noah showed him the new tumbling tricks he learned in gymnastics. Quite funny.

So now to just get back on track. You know, I HATE that I am one of htose people who have had a lifelong struggle with weight and food. I hate that I love food so much. I hate that I don't like to exercise. Ugh.

Anyway, sorry it took me so long to reply. :)
Tiffani
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Tiffani,

Sounds like you've been having a very tough time, it's no wonder diet has fallen low on the list of priorities.

But we know what you're capable of here, and as LA_Loser pointed out, the structure of no-s can actually be stabilizing force when everything else around you is crazy and chaotic.
I hate that I love food so much. I hate that I don't like to exercise.
No-s can actually turn your love of food into a strength! Moderation is the best way to *really* satisfy that love.

As for the exercise bit, with a bit of persistence and ingenuity, I'm sure you'll hit on something. Have you tried the "14 minutes of ANYTHING" every N-day approach? It's basically a structure for identifying exercises you actually like -- while exercising. It's a routine that helps you find the "perfect" routine, without passively waiting till you do. Works great with the habitcal!

Best, best wishes to you and your family and prayers for your husband's safe return,

Reinhard

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Shamrockmommy, I wish you much sucess and kudos to you for not giving up on yourself through trying times. I also pray for your husband's safe return! I like Reinhard's thoughts, above.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille