My husband's progress

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

HelloKitty

My husband's progress

Post by HelloKitty » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

I joined this board back in November 08. I had stumbled upon No S and introduced it to my husband, who’s been struggling for years to lose weight. As some of you may remember, he wasn’t particularly enthusiastic about starting but decided to give it a go. Well…he has now been NoS’ing for about 5 months and has lost 8 lbs. Slowly and steadily, just as promised, the weight is coming off! But the most important thing, the absolute best part, is how good he FEELS now. He finally feels in control of his weight and his future. The other night he said to me, “I can’t remember ever feeling this relaxed about food.†He has always been an emotional eater, and he is finally free of that. The ability to say no to food has empowered him so much…it’s boosted his confidence and made him a happier person. I think that the habits are pretty firmly established now, and he is on his way to his goal weight. So…I don’t think I’ll be checking or reading the boards too frequently anymore (although I’ll still be spreading the word whenever I can!). I’ll check in periodically, and hopefully post a testimonial for him in a year or so (maybe I can actually convince him to write it himself!).

Reinhard and everyone else who posts here, THANK YOU for an amazing concept and a wonderful support system. Good luck to you all!!

Cheers!

Kitty :)

Too solid flesh

My husband's progress

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Fantastic! Thank you for letting us know.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 pm

That is wonderful!!!
I'm happy for him and no doubt you and he must be thrilled!!!
Continued good luck and keep us posted!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:31 pm

That's great news! Congratulations to your husband -- and thank you for letting us know.

I dug up the old thread for anyone who wants the full back story:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... ght=#50899

Best wishes to you both,

Reinhard