Think Small...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NCSunshine

Think Small...

Post by NCSunshine » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:34 pm

A small plate with small portions of REALLY good food equals SATISFACTION and a lower weight...I hope!

I've been thinking a bit big I think. Today, I'll refocus to a smaller scale. Would anyone else try it too? :?:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Be careful! Think too small and you'll succumb to diet hubris...

I find it more helpful to "think one" and stick with that religiously.

Some "ones" are bigger than others, but overall, I'm eating a lot less.

You're very right about the "REALLY good food" part, though. Focus with that and the size, I think, will take care of itself.

Best,

Reinhard

vmsurbat

Re: Think Small...

Post by vmsurbat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 pm

NCSunshine wrote:A small plate with small portions of REALLY good food equals SATISFACTION and a lower weight...I hope!

I've been thinking a bit big I think. Today, I'll refocus to a smaller scale. Would anyone else try it too? :?:
This is where I am at with 8 months of NoS-ing under my (smaller) belt! :)

I have lost about 20 pounds by NoS-ing and incorporating modest exercise but have begun to plateau. Although the amount of food I am eating for my three meals has not changed, *I* have and actually need less food to be healthy.

However, I am following the "sustainable" maxim and am focusing on just a "one-bite" smaller serving of the more caloric food. In other words, I am still eating just as much veggies and salad, but with the main meal and starch, I am taking just a little bit less.

A little bit less at each meal adds up to perhaps a couple of hundred calories a day which adds up to a pound or two a month.

I think this is the next logical step for me and am very excited to have figured it out!

HTH,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

NCSunshine

vmsurbat - smaller scale

Post by NCSunshine » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Great thoughts about decreasing "one bite at a time" on foods with higher calorie density! It's really helpful to hear other people's ideas and success. Your post is very encouraging for those of us who are still waiting for a smaller belt size.

It's great to know that it can and does happen. Thanks for sharing strategies for making it happen.

Wishing you continued success.