Hopping on the train! Introduction...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Doudou

Hopping on the train! Introduction...

Post by Doudou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am

Hi everyone! This is a little something about me:

I've tried (in no particular order):
the 3 day diet
the cabbage diet
the atkins diet
the low calorie diet
the "eat only 1 kind of food all day" diet
the banana diet
the protein diet
the "i will cut down on food" diet
the "i will ban sugar" diet
and I'm sure I left out a few more!

I started when I was 15, I am 35 and the past 20 years I gained and lost, gained and lost, gained and lost. But overall, i've gained! Today i'm the heaviest I've ever been (157 pounds) after delivering my first baby a little over 10 months ago. (I was already overweight when I got pregnant).

I was desperately searching the net for something, anything that would help me, and I found it! I read a lot of your posts and that got me really motivated. I love that although there is a clear structure to this diet, there are no difficult restrictions like forbidden foods or calorie counting. I need structure, but i also know that feeling trapped in a diet never worked for me.

So yesterday was my first green day of many more to come!
Have a green day! :)

MysteryLover

Post by MysteryLover » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 am

Welcome Doudou! Congrats on your first green day. Isn't it great not having to stress over what your next meal will be, and that it can actually be something you 'want' to eat?
--Gina (a.k.a MysteryLover)
03/01/2017: 195.2
Current: 174.6
Goal: 145.0

Doudou

Post by Doudou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 pm

thank you! it is great! i was constently fretting about what I would be eating next! it's kind of liberating not having to do that anymore!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Welcome Dou,

Stickin' with No S and exercising is a sure way to lose some weight ... slow or fast, depending on how hard you do it and how much you have to lose of course.

This board is also good to get motivated. I use the HabitCal too to keep track of what I am doing right or wrong and that helps a lot too.

Cabbage diet ?? Who comes up with that stuff !? ;-)

Good luck !

Marc ;-)

Doudou

Post by Doudou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks Marc!

I don't know who comes up with them, but if I ever see another cabbage again I think I'll just die! :)

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm

All aboard!

And welcome to you, Doudou!

I think you will find this a very good train, indeed. The conductor is brilliant and is very kind. The passengers are courteous and very encouraging. I think you will be well-pleased with your journey (and your destination) !

blessings,

John
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com

Doudou

Post by Doudou » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 am

Thank you John! Loved the way you put it! :)

woods38

Post by woods38 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Welcome!

You're history sounds like mine. I'm a diet junkie who has been struggling and gaining for the past 20 yrs. also.

I have been doing NO S since the begining of March and it is going really well for me. It gives me structure but also choice. I like that.

I hope that you have the same positive experience.
It's not easy but it's doable and tastes good too!

Doudou

Post by Doudou » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Thank you! No form of dieting is easy I guess (i'm craving sweets as i'm writing this!!:)) but as you said, I like the structure + choice combination.