No S solves economic crisis.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

amarbach

No S solves economic crisis.

Post by amarbach » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:41 pm

I have tried No S in the past and was not able to stick to it. I could not make it work for even a day. I wanted to mention a few things that have helped this go-round inho. I do my own Habitcal on my calandar (I am too dense to figure out the one on NoS site). I give myself a green dot for complying with NoS and Glass Ceiling. I also wear a pedometer and give myself another green dot for getting a certain number of steps. After 15 dots I plan on buying something little for myself. This is how I plan to (a) lose weight and (b) stimulate the economy. If only I had started this year! :D

noni

Post by noni » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 pm

In my case, I added to the economy crisis. I averaged about I diet book a month and now haven't bought any new books since The No S book a few months ago :)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, I am almost embarrassed to say that the economy will probably suffer greatly if I quit buying sweets and snacks.

8)

janmarie

Post by janmarie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 am

i started no-s when the economy tumbled and i started getting depressed and anxious. my thoughts were... the one thing that would make me feel good is to lose 25 lbs and not only is that free but would probably save a few bucks! something about this clicked!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 am

Yes, janmarie, when things around us are spiraling out of control -

at least we can control this aspect of our life.

:wink:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Well, I am almost embarrassed to say that the economy will probably suffer greatly if I quit buying sweets and snacks.
Yes, I'm afraid No S probably won't stimulate the economy too much... they don't call it the "No $ Diet" for nothing. :-)

But maybe decreased medical bills will reduce the national debt? Gotta think long term!

Reinhard

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Well, I'm going to have to replace all my pants, so that's a little bump for the economy!

janmarie

Post by janmarie » Fri May 01, 2009 1:20 am

true...what i save on food will be more than spent on new clothes!