I love No-S because...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

I love No-S because...

Post by kccc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:20 pm

... (feel free to add)...

I love No-S because I can eat so NORMALLY. I'd packed my lunch today, but there was a special open-house with lunch food that I'd forgotten about. Went there and liked what I saw - yummier than what I'd brought.

So I had a plateful. One plate, none of the desserts - perfectly legal. I so enjoyed the opportunity to socialize with colleagues without feeling deprived.

In the SAD days, I'd have been calculating how many calories were in the turkey-sandwich portions (should I have one or two? kind of small...), and the corn chips with hummus. I'd have been arguing with myself about the brownies - and probably have succumbed, and felt guilty. This time, I just took one sandwich piece and two chicken nuggets, a very small helping of chips, salad and fruit on the side (half the plate!) and it was all good.

I love being able to eat "normal" food in reasonable portions. I love that I didn't even have to think about what "reasonable" looked like.

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 pm

I love NO-S because I'm not thinking about food all the time anymore! I spend the hours between meals doing other things and not worrying about food, because I know it's not time to eat it yet. I don't have to sit and figure out if should have this or have that and then beat myself up over it.

Giarc

Post by Giarc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 pm

khristal23 wrote:I love NO-S because I'm not thinking about food all the time anymore! I spend the hours between meals doing other things and not worrying about food, because I know it's not time to eat it yet. I don't have to sit and figure out if should have this or have that and then beat myself up over it.
here here!!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri May 01, 2009 4:05 pm

I love No S because it makes me feel more in control of my health.

I can have a plateful of healthy food three times a day, no denial.

SUE :wink:

noni

Post by noni » Fri May 01, 2009 9:24 pm

... no more heartburn. No late night cleanup after dessert on weekdays.
No more diet books. My husband nows calls me "Tiny Hiney" ( really, it's not all that tiny but why argue?). I feel in control when I don't reach for food when life hands me a lemon. I can move faster. I can now wear more clothes in my closet. I appreciate food more. Some processed junk food I used to sneak don't taste good to me anymore. I'm less greedy with my food. Basically, overall I'm a little more content with myself.

BirdieGirl

Post by BirdieGirl » Fri May 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Because I don't have to tell everyone I'm using an eating plan! No one ever bat an eye if I turn down chips or cookies or other snacks, but limiting myself to high protein diets or food replacement shakes or transcribing my meals always brings unwanted questions. "Are you on a diet?" And then dinner is spent talking about weight loss with people half my size. Now, I can enjoy whatever we're having in moderate portions with out the audience.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri May 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Wow, I don't know where to start:
  • I can eat real food, food that is forbidden on every diet I've ever tried, and enjoy it and lose weight.
    I can cook from any cookbook in the world, and eat the results.
    I don't feel like I'm pushing a rock up the hill every day I'm on the plan.
    I can eat with friends or in restaurants without making special demands.
    No one needs to know that I'm on a diet!
    Treats taste REALLY good on the weekend.
    Even when eating something like pizza or Indian food, if I have only one plate of food, I do not feel heavy or stuffed afterward and don't have indigestion.
    I don't have to weigh, measure, or count anything.
    I'm spending LESS money, not more! Another diet first!
    It's almost time for the late spring and summer fruit ... I know what's going to be on my plates for a while, yummmm.

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Sat May 02, 2009 12:00 am

I love No S because I don't feel stuffed after a meal. I don't have heartburn as much I don't eat as much of processed (junk) food anymore.I just feel so much better

Pewari

Post by Pewari » Sat May 02, 2009 7:45 am

Because I've been having less problems with my teeth since I started (I have weak and sensitive enamel - aggravated by sugar and snacking constantly).

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Sat May 02, 2009 10:30 am

My stress level has plummeted! I feel relaxed - big change for me.

For the first time, I'm not worried about my BP and cholesterol. I know I have to lose weight to lower them, and I also know that I can't stick to a regular diet for any length of time. This, however, I can do.

Ditto on the heartburn - I haven't needed TUMS since the first day I started NoS.

Every meal I've eaten this week has been delicious. It's shocking how good food is when you have an appetite.

I never have to have Splenda in my coffee again. Gag.

I don't have to feel left out of life anymore.

I'm going to eat some cookies today (my first "S" day) and not feel any guilt. Last time I did that was probably 1969.