2 weeks lost, 2 weeks gained.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

dockanz

2 weeks lost, 2 weeks gained.

Post by dockanz » Fri May 01, 2009 10:31 am

My first two weeks on NoS, I lost quite a bit of weight, though the last two weeks I have gained about 1.5 pounds. Although frustrating, I think there are possible explanations.

1) The last two weekends have definitely been "permasnacking" weekends. I think it would be beneficial to honor meals on the weekends too, even if I choose to have seconds or eat a dessert.

2) I have resumed lifting weights. I always gain weight when I start lifting weights again.

3) Not walking as much. I try to walk to work whenever possible, but I have been out of town a few days this week and walking just wasn't in the cards.

4) Although I have stuck with 3 per day, I had a couple of meals where it was stretching it--Famous Dave's, and 2 with Kettle Chips.

I'm learning.
Make the Better Choice

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Fri May 01, 2009 11:45 am

Yeah, it's a process allright.

I have been on NO S three full days, gained a pound - didn't cheat a bit so will chalk it up to fluid retention or something. I have upped the exercise a lot and I know muscle weighs more than fat so I will just stay the course and if the weight doesn't go down much (only have 14 pounds I can lose), I will go by how my clothes fit.

Hang tough.

SUE

marleah

Post by marleah » Fri May 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Good job recognizing all the different causes that could be affecting your weight. It's so easy to focus on the numbers alone, but it's awesome to be able to look back and identify some reasons why - and some of those reasons aren't bad things at all (lifting weights, etc.). I figure it all evens out in the end!!
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri May 01, 2009 3:45 pm

I think the weighlifting is the most likely culprit -- especially since you know from experience that you go up on the scale when you start. But also, if you've seen a big initial drop, a little rebound afterwards is pretty common.