thoughts on muffins or birthday treats?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

paulawylma

thoughts on muffins or birthday treats?

Post by paulawylma » Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 am

HI All, I'm back.
I have to get ready for breakfast and work, so this has to be short. I jsut restarted the NO-S after a silly bout of thinking I could lose weight faster on a regular diet. Hah! All the weight I lost was on No-S--and I'm kept it off (7 to 10 lbs, I fluncutate).

the point is, One reason I figured May is an ideal month to restart No-S is at the end of the month I have 4 legimate S days in a row. there's the weekend, Memorial Day, and on Tuesay, my Birthday! I figure by the time Tuesday rolls around, I won't want another S day, which will help me keep them in perspective.

Problem, at work, they celebrate Birthdays and they clump all the bithdays in a month together and celebrate them on the same day. Yesterday, I got an email telling me that Birthdays will be celebrated on Friday, before the Memorial Day weekend and asking what treat I want (the birthday person gets to chose, they have several cupcakes, brownies, etc, whatever is requested) For the sake of clarity I don't want to move my birthday (my birthday is my birthday). But I think I have a solution. I hope to delay answering until tomorrow, so I can get feedback, but. .
I plan on requesting Blueberry muffins (I actually do love these) and mentioning that Jiffy is my favorite brand of mix (the treats are never made from scratch or purchased). I will then delay Breakfast on that day and eat a muffin or two for breakfast. Whcih should satify the social obligations, right? The reason for Jiffy is that I know they don't have excessive sugar. As long as they don't add any toppings it stays a quick bread and doesn't morph into a sweet/tea bread.

As far as from scratch goes, I put muffins in the same category as quick breads like biscuits, not sweet breads and tea breads--unless of course you put toppings.

Any thoughts or counter suggestions?

Thanks,
Pauline

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Sounds like a plan! Good thinking!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue May 05, 2009 12:28 pm

I agree, sounds like a good idea. I cannot imagine anyone not wanting a blueberry muffin.

I think, in general, many people are wanting to eat better - but many times their options are limited.

Toss a muffin my way!

SUE :D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 pm

I'd eat breakfast as usual and have a muffin (or two!) at the office party. Then I'd eat less lunch if I wasn't as hungry because of the extra food.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."