Kirstie Alley is an inspiration to me!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kathleen

Kirstie Alley is an inspiration to me!

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 11, 2009 11:34 pm

I snapped up a copy of People magazine with Kirstie Alley on it. I've thought many times about her weight fluctuations. It was very interesting to read the article. She definitely inspires me to stay on this diet!
Kathleen

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Howdy-
I agree with you Kathleen.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed May 13, 2009 11:53 am

Why? To give you motivation to maintain? The way she doesn't give up? It could be any number of things.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Wed May 13, 2009 11:59 am

Is there an online link to the article (or more info somewhere about what she said)? I'm not american (live in London) so would be interested to see what she says... It's true she's had many weight fluctuations, so I do hope for her sake that she's finally managed to stabilize her weight...

navi

Post by navi » Wed May 13, 2009 5:55 pm

i dunno - to me, she seems too wrapped up in being super thin - i think 128 lbs is what she is aiming for, and she is pretty tall. she is not, afterall, talking about health, she is aiming for looking hot and thin and sexy. i think her unrealistic expectations got her in trouble the first time - the restrictive diet she went on to lose it all was just not sustainable, and relied so much on being "good" all the time, that she inevitably rebelled, and went on the super binge of all times. also, when you lose tons of weight like that just for appearance, it is thrilling at first, because as you lose it everyone is cheerleading you, and when you get to goal that lasts for a while. perhaps when she stopped getting constant feedback (since people were used to the skinny her at that point), she didn't have the will to sustain the loss. the cynical side of me sees that by losing the weight AGAIN she gets all that positive attention all over again! yay! (not that she did it on purpose - perhaps it was subconscious.....) also, perhaps one thinks that being skinny will solve lots of problems, then you get there & it doesn't, so why not eat? not to sound so negative, and i truly hope that she loses the weight, but maybe can be more rational about it this time around.....that is what i like about noS, the focus on habits, and the opportunity to indulge a bit. i just don't see her as much of a role model. i do know that being in the public eye does magnify what we all go through with being overweight, so i don't envy her!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed May 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Here is the some of the article, though there is usually more in the actually print magazine:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 68,00.html

I think she should just eat healthy, exercise, see where it takes her, and try to be happy with herself.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

navi

Post by navi » Wed May 13, 2009 6:35 pm

in the magazine, there are many photos of her. she still looks really good, as she has a beautiful face, great hair, and is rather tall (not that you need those things to look good! i am just saying she is not DISGUSTING, which is what she believes). the schlumpy moo moo dresses don't help though. i take back my statement that i truly hope she loses the weight. i would rather she learns to be healthy and accept herself and see where that goes.......the weight loss should be a side effect to health!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri May 15, 2009 1:57 am

It seems to me that she's been on The Peanut Cluster Diet! Now she's considering a return to never ending restriction and never ending feeling of starvation. I hope she discovers No S!

Wouldn't it be great if someday she was mentoring Valerie on No S?

Kathleen

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 27, 2009 2:55 am

Interesting. I am her SAME height and weight at the moment.
ETA: And I CANNOT imagine being 128 pounds at my height. At 150 I was already very thin, maaaybe another 10 could come off but, yikes.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18