Gradually entering No-S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MrsPartridge

Gradually entering No-S

Post by MrsPartridge » Sat May 23, 2009 7:53 pm

I kept failing at this but the whole concept is good so I won't give up. What I'm doing instead is trying to go No-S gradually.

I already don't snack after dinner. That's done.

I need to work on snacking between breakfast and lunch and then after lunch. Two blocks of time.

So I'm going after the lunch to dinner block. I'll eat my fruit with lunch and not eat till dinner. When that time block is a no snack slot for a while, I'll attack the morning block by not eating from 9 till 10 and then when that's successful I'll not snack from 9 till 11 etc.

So far, I'm becoming much more aware of all the snacking I was doing simply out of habit not hunger. My stomach is getting used to being near empty and not constantly near full like before No-S.

I don't need to lose weight but I want to eat normal foods like pizza and spaghetti without freaking out that I'm going to gain back my weight (lost many years ago, btw).

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat May 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Sounds like a plan to me!
Mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 am

I agree, whatever works best for you.

Doing something is better than doing nothing, it shows that you are aware and want to change some of your past habits.

For me, it is all or nothing

I either snack a lot or I don't snack at all. I haven't had a single snack on my No S days for three weeks, not one. That is probably the control freak in me. I snacked my way up fifteen pounds more than I want to way, one healthy pretzel or container of yogurt or string cheese at a time.

I wish you well as you figure out what combination works best for you.

SR :wink: