How long to see results?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bunny88

How long to see results?

Post by Bunny88 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi there folks,

I've just been on this for three days, but I'm kind of impatient. I'd just like a general sense as to how long it took for you to see results.

Just to give you an idea of how overweight I am, I've probably got about 15 pounds to go. (Okay, well, ideally maybe more like 20-25, but 15 is fine with me.)

Thanks all.

Bunny

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Well, Bunny -- it's hard to say since we all eat and exercise differently. I don't think I'd expect more than 1/2-1 pound a week.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm

I think "more than three days" would be a safe prediction. :) Some people have gone faster, but something like half a pound to a pound per week seems to be typical. I've also read quite a few comments from people to the effect that the less you have to lose, the longer it tends to take, so your 15 pounds may take a while. Or you may melt away like crazy - as wosnes says, it's hard to predict.

TunaFishKid

Post by TunaFishKid » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:22 pm

DaveMc wrote:I think "more than three days" would be a safe prediction. :)
:D I like that.

The main point of No S is forming new habits. If you focus on that, the weight will come off. If you're looking to lose weight fast, you may be disappointed. I've lost weight really fast several times in my life, but it always came back. Now I'm looking to develop eating habits that will not only result in weight loss, but will last a lifetime.
~ Laura ~

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:25 pm

By the way, Bunny88, I didn't mean to tease or offend you -- I know you weren't expecting results after three days, you were just asking about the future. Welcome aboard, and best of luck!
Last edited by DaveMc on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geekmom

Post by geekmom » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 pm

I've consistently lost an average of half a pound per week since I started No S back in March. I only weigh myself about once every 4-6 weeks and I always see a couple of pounds loss each time.

Best of luck to you!

burnnotice

Patience

Post by burnnotice » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi Bunny88

I've been working at No S for only a month. A half pound to a pound is accurate for me thus far. One thing I've had to focus on to keep my resolution higher than my impatiences is how much overeating I was doing and how I'm not gaining weight any longer. Also by changing your eating patterns, you can MAINTAIN your weight realistically when you get there.

Stick around! It is a good habit!

Burn Notice
Me
The Client

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:13 pm

Right away ! I lost 14 pounds the first month so it didn't take too long for me to notice changes in the mirror. Other people around me were starting to comment on my weight loss after I had lost approx. 25 pounds. ("Have you lost some weight ??") That was back in early january 2009.

Remember I'm exercising A LOT though, every day, and I'm being more restrictive with my diet than most people probably as well. I needed to be done with my weight loss within a year's time so that's why I had to take a few shortcuts.

That's what you do to get quicker results, pure and simple. Diet + Exercise You can get results when you do less work of course but it'll take longer.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Last edited by bluebunny27 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:16 pm

I joined on April 28 weighing 154.

I got to my goal weight on June 10, 140 pounds.

I have continued to lose, weigh 135 today so I actually need to learn how to modulate enough to keep a few extra pounds on.

(Can't believe I just said that.)

SR :roll:

Edited to add,

I was VERY strict about following the rules when I joined No S. Didn't realize how many snacks (even supposedly "healthy" ones) during a given day.
Last edited by StrawberryRoan on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

harmony

Post by harmony » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:59 pm

I have discovered that my weight really is a poor measure for me right now. But, I have been No-Sing for around 2 months and I am getting really close to being down a pant size (despite August having a lot of red and yellows for me). I have about 15-20 (or more) pounds left that I could do without , but I'm sure if I keep the habits up I will find myself getting there without missing much of anything else. That is the magical part of No-S for me. :D