How hard/easy is it for your to have a "good week"

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gia

How hard/easy is it for your to have a "good week"

Post by Gia » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Do you find it hard to get through the week without slipping up, or is it relatively easy to follow no-s perfectly.

I find that I eat a large plate at each meal, so the snacking isn't a huge problem for me... by the time i get hungry, it is almost dinner time anyway.

the seconds take more work since sometimes a meal is so delicious, that i am tempted to get seconds!

no sweets are fine, i always plan out what i am going to have on the weekend and really enjoy :)

how about you??

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Well, this is from a yo-yo dieter's perspective:

Initial enthusiasm makes it fairly easy. You know, when you're all excited about a project and stuff? The first few weeks are actually no problem for me.

It's when I stop being enthusiastic that it becomes an issue for me. My goal now isn't the "perfect N days" in the beginning, but to maintain it until it's so ingrained that I just don't THINK about it any more.

I want this to be just... this is my life. The way I live and DO things forever. THAT'S been the REAL challenge for me all along.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 pm

NoelFigart wrote: My goal now isn't the "perfect N days" in the beginning,
but to maintain it until it's so ingrained that I just don't THINK about it any more.
Noel,
That would be the Ideal for me too.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 pm

The hardest day for me is always Wednesday. We have friends over and there are always chips. Chips are my huge, huge weakness. Saving ice cream for the weekends is easy--not eating those damn chips during the week is hard!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:21 pm

That's hard to say... it depends on if I meet up with my mom or not. She ALWAYS has dessert.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Weeks are mostly okay, though I currently have to watch "snitching" while making/putting away meals.

But I've been doing this a while now, so habits are getting pretty ingrained. There has to be some kind of "bump" in the weekly routine to throw me (all day meetings with food laid out in the room are still hard... though better than they were).

jbettin

Post by jbettin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

NoelFigart wrote:
It's when I stop being enthusiastic that it becomes an issue for me. My goal now isn't the "perfect N days" in the beginning, but to maintain it until it's so ingrained that I just don't THINK about it any more.

I want this to be just... this is my life. The way I live and DO things forever. THAT'S been the REAL challenge for me all along.
Me too! There's nothing stronger than the force of habit.
Mom of 4

Mounted Ranger!

Post by Mounted Ranger! » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 pm

I dont' find No S-ing very difficult in ordinary circumstances. On a regular day during a regular week it's okay. However, when things come up, celebrations, et c., it get really hard.

Mostly those kinds of things come on the weekends but the ones that don't are a challenge.
Mounted Ranger!
No S-ing, Ranging, and Shovelgloving since 7/7/09

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Some weeks are hard. Some aren't. Last week and to a lesser degree this week have been hard. I'm making bread tonight and took two little snitches of dough. (sigh)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:49 am

Usually, it's not too bad. However, there are times when my husband brings home a mocha or something from work and I'll give in and drink it. My women's Bible study that's starting again next week will be a hard one, because there's always a big table of food. I suppose I could just get coffee or tea...

princesspamf

Post by princesspamf » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:50 am

This is my 8th week, so I'm not speaking from a vast amount of experience, but I know that the NoS habits are becoming fixed in my mind. Saturday it felt weird to help myself to some grapes on the counter mid morning when I'd only been having grapes with my meals during the week...but a good weird.

On my habitcal I have a line for each of the three S habits. It feels good to be able to color in 3 green squares each day instead of just a single one. And if I blow it with sweets, I can still stay firm with the others to earn those two green squares. So often in the past if I blew it at all, I simply threw in the towel and chowed down since I'd already lost my chance at perfection.

My struggle is more the S days...but they are coming along and I'm overall feeling good about them.

However, I just started back to choral rehearsal at our local community college-a combination community members and college students group. And starting next week, we have a snack break, which I have always enjoyed in the past. So, here's my strategy...every three weeks it will be my turn to provide a snack, which I will do as I have in the past. But I am simply NOT going to eat the snacks...period. No one would even notice if I didn't eat anything, or care if they did, and it's fun to visit with folks during the break. I will keep my trusty water bottle in hand. I need to make sure I have a good supper so I'm not hungry and temped. Okay, now I've said it out it public...so it really is my plan!

Keeping on. No desire to turn back.
Pam
Do or do not. There is not "try". ~Yoda in:
The Empire Strikes Back