No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mrs. Toast

Post by Mrs. Toast » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 am

Hi everyone :)

I just started doing No S four days ago, and from browsing the board this seems like a very friendly, sane and supportive group. After trying a low carb diet for the last two months (and burning out on it) this system is helping me regain some normalcy. Its so refreshing to be able to eat 3 regular meals without having to be obsessively concerned with the carb count. I lost about 10 lbs doing low carb but I was snacking a lot.

I also didn't like being so focused on food all the time, and No S frees up time and mental energy to focus on more interesting things than eating. I seem to be feeling a bit hungrier than normal between meals, but before I don't really remember going hungry too often because of the snacking, so I'm thinking this is normal and once I get some more experience with this my body will adjust. Because of the carb restricting from the last few months I feel like I'm cheating on N days because I'm eating meals with carbs, which actually makes my N days, S days, really all of my days pretty nice.

-Tana

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:03 am

Welcome! Your body should definitely adjust, once you get more used to the No S diet. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! It's very freeing to eat three (good) meals a day and to not have to worry about snacking.

hilly6000

Post by hilly6000 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:44 am

The human body is a creature of habit, so don't stress about being a little hungry between meals. The important thing is to stick to it until it feels comfortable. A little diffcult, but well worth it.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS~! Feel free to PM anytime :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Welcome!

Reinhard

Mrs. Toast

Post by Mrs. Toast » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :) And also thanks to Reinhard for coming up with No S and all the other great systems and putting them out there.

I also read about the personal punch card system a few days ago and I think if I try it it may help me achieve more. I would really like to some day be a professional oil painter, and although I do paint a lot, and take classes, I feel like I could be doing more practice. If I do one painting study a day (1 hour time limit) for 21 days (on N Days) this can become habit. And overall, I think the personal punch card system may just be a great way of getting generally more focused, which is so helpful for someone like me, who can be generally indecisive (too many options), and not so good at prioritizing.

Anyhow, thanks again, I think I'm going to add "painting practice" to my Habitcal.

-Tana

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Welcome!

You'll adjust to between-meal hungry. In fact, you'll come to appreciate how sharp you feel between meals when you are not perma-grazing.

Good luck!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Mrs. Toast

Post by Mrs. Toast » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:04 am

Thanks Kevin :)

Yeah, today I got super hungry but I hung in there until dinner. But along with that I got a burst of energy from I don't know where. Maybe when my body isn't continually digesting food from, as you call it "permasnacking" it frees up energy for other things.

-Tana