Wednesday?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tarantinofan

Wednesday?

Post by tarantinofan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm

I wanted to ask about what everyone thinks about a mod I'm thinking of trying. I'd like to change my S days to Saturday and Wednesday (and forget Sunday). I know, I know. Blasphemy. But, I've been doing this diet since June. I still feel like I need a treat during the school week. Waiting until Saturday feels like a huge struggle. Do you think that switching Sunday to Wednesday would be a terrible idea for me? More importantly, why? I really feel like this may be a way for my No S diet to be sustainable. I think that I'll be able to normalize my s days more if they're spaced out. It's nice to have a pick-me-up in the middle of the school week, when papers and tests weigh me down emotionally.

Thanks for any input!

Kevin

Re: Wednesday?

Post by Kevin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:16 am

I don't know how long you've been No-Sing. If it's only been a couple of weeks, then I'd give it another couple of weeks before doing a mod like this. It will get easier.

The mod itself doesn't sound like a bad thing if it works for you, but again, I'd give it some time. You know, learn the theme before you start the variations.

Ari W. wrote:I wanted to ask about what everyone thinks about a mod I'm thinking of trying. I'd like to change my S days to Saturday and Wednesday (and forget Sunday). I know, I know. Blasphemy. But, I've been doing this diet since June. I still feel like I need a treat during the school week. Waiting until Saturday feels like a huge struggle. Do you think that switching Sunday to Wednesday would be a terrible idea for me? More importantly, why? I really feel like this may be a way for my No S diet to be sustainable. I think that I'll be able to normalize my s days more if they're spaced out. It's nice to have a pick-me-up in the middle of the school week, when papers and tests weigh me down emotionally.

Thanks for any input!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:27 am

I don't see why not. Whatever works for you.

pumpkinseed

Post by pumpkinseed » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:20 am

I use Friday as one of my s days. For me it works well because at most I work a few hours and my kids are in school so it is the only day of the week that I have time truly to myself. I like to be able to spend the afternoon in the cafe reading with a latte and pastry, or perhaps having ice cream for lunch - whatever strikes my fancy. I do try not to make it all about food though so I also treat myself to yoga, a pedicure etc.....

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Many of us have changed S days for very practical reasons -- we have to work or Saturday or Sunday and it's just not an S day or we routinely go out with family/friends on Friday night and take that instead of Sunday. This seems like an emotional reason for changing an S day rather than a practical reason. I don't think I'd do it or I'd find another way to treat myself on Wednesday.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 am

Ari W,

I can tell you it wouldn't work for me. Having two consecutive S Days is important for me. I'm an idiot on the first S Day and less of an idiot on the second S Day because my body is already unhappy with the amount of junk I've eaten. For me, it's important to have consecutive N Days.

That may or may not apply to you.

Kathleen